Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 06-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Subscriber Services Launching Soon

Sometime tonight or tomorrow morning, we're going to be taking the site offline for several hours in order to implement the new subscriber services code (get your green tea and hunker down for another haiku!). This is a momentous day for Pocket PC Thoughts: we've been working on the subscriber services off and on for 6+ months...although in typical fashion, I left most of my work for the last minute. 8O Once subscriber services are in place, the mobile forums will no longer function for non-subscribers, just as I explained here. This is the start of something major, and I hope you'll consider supporting us in this endeavour. I firmly believe that the enhanced services we're going to be offering, and the amazing prizes (!!) we're going to be giving away, will make the subscriber services worth your investment. More to come tomorrow!

UPDATE: Some of you have guessed correctly that we're going to be using PayPal as our primary method of doing the transactions. The Thoughts Media Engine (our back-end system) has been tied directly into PayPal, so while we will accept personal cheques and money orders, we strongly urge the use of PayPal. In this light, if you don't yet have a PayPal account, please use this link to sign up for one. When you use that link, you'll be donating $5 to Pocket PC Thoughts, at no cost to you. How cool is that? More info to come tomorrow, but thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Old 06-27-2003, 01:43 AM
Bob Anderson
Thinker

Paypal armed and ready!!!

Old 06-27-2003, 01:55 AM
Tierran
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Tierran Send a message via AIM to Tierran

No site holds a candle to your mobile implementation

Old 06-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Trokair
Pupil

Consider my money invested already, Jason. It's nice that I can finally give to my favorite website in a meaningful way. ^_^

-Kyle

Old 06-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Eitel
Theorist

I'm in. Just tell me were to "paypal" the money. :mrgreen:

Old 06-27-2003, 02:23 AM
iPaqDude
Intellectual

Same here.... now that I've got the GPRS thing going I will be more than happy to support the site. Actually, I would have been more than happy to support it before the GPRS thing! imp:

Old 06-27-2003, 02:27 AM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter

Jason, your site is worth every subscription penny. I'll be more than happy to pay for subscription services! :sunny:

Old 06-27-2003, 02:48 AM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Just a question - the contests won't be open just to subscribers, will they? (I will be one, btw). I'm just asking because there's some "no purchase necessary" rules...

Old 06-27-2003, 03:01 AM
bsoft
Pupil

Yeah, your mobile site renders perfectly on my Sidekick. I may just have to get a subscription.

Old 06-27-2003, 03:03 AM
Crash Biker
Pupil

Love the site & I'd like to support but I really don't want to open a paypal account. Any chance there would be a straight credit card option. How about an SPB (or other) product I could buy that came with a subscription?

Best of luck whichever way it goes.

Cheers

Crash