Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 06-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Pocket PC Tools Reviews iPAQ 2215

http://www.pocketpctools.com/review...tails&itemid=12

Barry Shilmover over at Pocket PC Tools has put together a review on the iPAQ 2215, and he seems to like the device quiet a bit! Although I'd sure never call the Axim "small"... 8O

"I am proud to say that I have owned (and still own) every iPAQ ever produced, but when I started to hear some of the rumors of the new h2200 series device, I got excited. Well, that device ended up being the h2210/h2215. And I have to say... Wow! When I got the Dell Axim X5 device, I remember saying to myself, "This is the device of choice. Small, fast, nice screen, SD, and CF? Can't get any better than this". Well I was wrong. The h2215 is smaller, has built in Bluetooth, an SDIO card, and a CF Card. (Hey, HP... About time on the integrated CF slot! ;-) ). Yes, I said smaller (it is thinner and shorter than the Dell Axim)."

Old 06-23-2003, 11:50 PM
entropy1980
Oracle

Uhhhh I know Barry's Canadian(j/k!!) and all... but calling the Axim small? Has he been hangin out with Paul Bunyan? :lol:

Old 06-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Tari Akpodiete
Ponderer

yes, but is there a backup battery (coin) yet? i'm looking at the pictures he's posted but i don't see it.

Old 06-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tari Akpodiete
yes, but is there a backup battery (coin) yet? i'm looking at the pictures he's posted but i don't see it.
No - all iPAQs use an internal battery for backup.

Old 06-24-2003, 01:45 AM
maximus
2000 Posts And This is All I Get?
Send a message via ICQ to maximus Send a message via MSN to maximus

Quote:
Barry Shilmover over at Pocket PC Tools has put together a review on the iPAQ 2215, and he seems to like the device quiet a bit!

snip..

wrong. The h2215 is smaller, has built in Bluetooth, an SDIO card, and a CF Card. (Hey, HP... About time on the integrated CF slot! ). Yes, I said smaller (it is thinner and shorter than the Dell Axim)."
Pony, you should NOT wish this shilmover guy to explode ! That is mean !

Old 06-24-2003, 01:45 AM
Enderet
Thinker

The Axim is small? mmm maybe he is talking about the new axims! bleh.. gosh i think i need to accept the fact that there is no new axim that will kick the 2215s speaker(hehehe) :splat:

Old 06-24-2003, 01:46 AM
maximus
2000 Posts And This is All I Get?
Send a message via ICQ to maximus Send a message via MSN to maximus

Quote:
The Axim is small? mmm maybe he is talking about the new axims! bleh.. gosh i think i need to accept the fact that there is no new axim that will kick the 2215s speaker
We dont know that yet, dont we ? :wink:

Old 06-24-2003, 02:09 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

The Click to Zoom link on the site, zooms the picture smaller. :lol:

Old 06-24-2003, 03:48 AM
Tari Akpodiete
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
No - all iPAQs use an internal battery for backup.
but it is only one battery still, in total, right? not a main battery and an actual backup battery. although it is nice to see that they went to a removable a bit ago.

and while we're on the subject, what about the new Gateways - does anyone know: is there a backup battery?

Old 06-24-2003, 03:52 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
but it is only one battery still, in total, right? not a main battery and an actual backup battery. although it is nice to see that they went to a removable a bit ago.
No, I believe the 19xx, the 22xx and the 5xxx units have an internal, nonremovable, second battery for backup.

--janak