Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Colligo Personal Edition 2.1

http://www.colligo.com/hp/ipaq/PE_O...ew_Benefits.asp

"With Colligo Personal Edition 2.1 software loaded onto Windows-based notebooks, Tablet PCs or handhelds, you and others you come in contact with can instantly communicate and exchange files using the wireless LAN (WLAN) capabilities of your mobile devices. No need for central access points, servers or Internet connections - Personal Edition creates peer-to-peer collaborative networks on the fly whenever and wherever you need them."

This looks very interesting! Anyone tried it yet? It would be great at conferences, coffee shops, the mall, or anyplace else where PDA users might be within range. Great in theory, I wonder about how it would work in practice?

Old 06-16-2003, 05:13 PM
the_rapture
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to the_rapture Send a message via MSN to the_rapture Send a message via Yahoo to the_rapture Send a message via Skype™ to the_rapture

I'd love to test it out and had it installed for awhile, but I can't find anyone to test it with. Same with Bluetooth. When I go out I usually do a search to see if anyone else is around using WiFi or Bluetooth but usually there isn't anyone. Maybe when I get to D.C. I'll find a place where there's some folks to play with in the Pocket PC Sand Box (There's an idea for an award to bad I didn't think of it sooner, The Pocket Thoughts Sand Box Award.)

Old 06-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Ainvar
Ponderer
Send a message via ICQ to Ainvar Send a message via AIM to Ainvar Send a message via MSN to Ainvar Send a message via Yahoo to Ainvar

Same here, I have it installed on my iPAQ 5450 but nobody else has it installed or wants to install it since they dont see the point of it (ther is email scenerio). I think it is cool idea I just cant test it out.

We the un willing led by the unqualified for so long with so little we now attempt the impossible with nothing

Old 06-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Terry
Intellectual

If we set up one PPC to act as a proxy or access point...and that PPC has a T-Mobile Hot Spot connection...and the rest of have Colligo...hummm
0X

This is also a natural for games...IM...imagine on a plane (after take-off, of course)...

Old 06-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Crystal Eitle
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
This is also a natural for games...IM...imagine on a plane (after take-off, of course)...
It against FAA regulations to use any device that sends or receives radio signals on a plane.

There are reports that interference from a passenger sending an SMS may have been behind a recent plane crash.