Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 06-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default O2/T-Mobile/AT&T SX56 Handsfree/3.5mm Stereo Headphone Adapter

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail...t_ID=PPCPADPT04

"This adapter converts the proprietary 4 conductor Pocket PC Phone Jack to a 3.5mm standard stereo headphone jack while enabling the internal microphone. The adapter cable is approximately 3" long. It can also be used to convert the iPAQ 1900 series 2.5mm jack to a 3.5mm stereo output jack."

Old 06-16-2003, 07:02 PM
lurch
Thinker

Is there a link to purchase one or is this just more of an "FYI, something like this exists"... :wink:

Old 06-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch
Is there a link to purchase one or is this just more of an "FYI, something like this exists"... :wink:
Fixed. You can email me next time vs. posting in the thread. :mrgreen:

Old 06-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Deslock
Thinker

$12.50 each + shipping? Ouch. FYI, there is also this for $3.25 (doesn't enable the internal mic as far as I know, but provides 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter functionality):

From http://www.pc-mobile.net/compaq.htm.

Because of the minimum credit card price, we did a group order (setup in a Brighthand thread). One guy ordered, kept one, and mailed the other adapters to the rest of us. We reimbursed him for the adapter, shipping, and his Paypal fees, which came to a total of $6.50 for each of us.

Search Brighthand and/or Ebay... I think one of the Brighthand guys ordered in bulk and is auctioning them off.

Old 06-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deslock
$12.50 each + shipping? Ouch. FYI, there is also this for $3.25 (doesn't enable the internal mic as far as I know, but provides 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter functionality):
Well, I bought this adapter (not the 1910 version you got) from PC-Mobile. It's just started to flake out on me, though, to the point where I now have to twist it to get both ears working. I tied it tightly together in a weird twisted way, and it works for the moment, but I'd be curious to know if this one is more durable than the PC-Mobile version.

In any case, the Techs do a lower-quantity, custom production, so that might also explain why they're more expensive.

--janak

Old 06-16-2003, 07:54 PM
rbrome
Intellectual

A 2.5mm jack is proprietary? It's actually the standard for all mobile phones, so I wouldn't call it proprietary...

Or is there something special about the one on the xda?

Old 06-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrome
A 2.5mm jack is proprietary? It's actually the standard for all mobile phones, so I wouldn't call it proprietary...
You're right, proprietary is the wrong word here. A more approriate term would be "those pain in the ass 2.5mm plugs that your normal headphones won't fit in". The end result is the same. :wink:

Old 06-16-2003, 09:13 PM
dorelse
Intellectual

Realizing full well that this is PPCThoughts...I'll sheepishly ask, wonder if this would give me Mono music on both sides of my headphones on my T|C... ops:

Old 06-16-2003, 09:33 PM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

It is a good adapter, but only for h1910/15/20.

All ipaq h193x/194x has a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter in package.

Old 06-16-2003, 09:35 PM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrome
You're right, proprietary is the wrong word here. A more approriate term would be "those pain in the ass 2.5mm plugs that your normal headphones won't fit in". The end result is the same. :wink:
I think so, proprietary is the wrong word here. 2.5 mm is standard same as 3.5mm. They are popular in different area.