Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 06-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Microsoft Markets Competition

On behalf of Microsoft, ID Factor is giving away a mobile device. It's not a Pocket PC. It's not even a Windows Powered Smartphone. It's a Sony Clie!
"As we know that you are interested in winning prizes, we would like to give you the opportunity to win a Sony Clie NX70V Handheld PDA (16Mb DRAM with 8Mb flash memory colour display) worth �300..."

It's not the first time Microsoft, in one way or another, markets competition. In the case of ID Factor, I realize that it would be impossible to keep track of what every company that Microsoft hires does. But in the case of their own Digital Gallery Live, I have no clue. Still and years after we first mentioned it, the only device that comes up when you search for "pda" is a...

Old 06-13-2003, 02:49 PM
cherring
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to cherring
Default No way

I would only enter to win if there was an option to swap it for a windows device.

Old 06-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Re: No way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherring
I would only enter to win if there was an option to swap it for a windows device.
Sony makes nice looking things. I would enter to win if I could get a Pocket PC that looked like that. 8)

Old 06-13-2003, 03:37 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

I wouldn't mind having a Clie. Contrary to popular belief NX series are dang nice devices.

Old 06-13-2003, 03:47 PM
HTK
Intellectual

This prize is so weird :bangin:

Old 06-13-2003, 03:47 PM
kaiden.1
Ponderer
Send a message via Yahoo to kaiden.1

Sony Clie's are really awesome. They can do things just fine without running anykind of software from MS.

Great Choice for a give away!

Old 06-13-2003, 03:48 PM
garrans
Ponderer

If I was Microsoft, I think I'd tear somebody a new something over this...... I can't think of a worse way to promote the other guys stuff.

"Sony & Palm announced today that Microsoft is giving away their product as a part of a promotional effort instead of their own"

Actually the thought occurs to me that this is a UK based issue with Microsoft... the last gaff they had to deal with was the Internet Loo bit..... somebody needs to go to London and clean up shop a bit.

Old 06-13-2003, 04:54 PM
feo
Ponderer

So where do I enter?
I didn't see any mention of it at that link?
Hey, free is free...

Old 06-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Fzara
Thinker

None of you deserve it. You would only use it as a coffee mat or you would probably re-sell it.

I am one of the few members on this site that still believes both OS's have their strengths and weaknesses; while the NX70 might not be your primary choice as a PDA, I still think it is a damn good device compared to some PPC models.

Stop whining and stop complaining yours is better. Its one of the few things on this site which makes me agitated looking at the ignorant posts.

Old 06-13-2003, 05:58 PM
T-Will
Sage
Default Re: Microsoft Markets Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sjostrom
It's not the first time Microsoft, in one way or another, markets competition. In the case of ID Factor, I realize that it would be impossible to keep track of what every company that Microsoft hires does. But in the case of their own Digital Gallery Live, I have no clue. Still and years after we first mentioned it, the only device that comes up when you search for "pda" is a...
LOL!