Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 05-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Crystal Eitle
Sage
Default Look Out! They're Multiplying! (Axim Sites, That Is)

http://www.aximcases.com/

Now must be a great time to be an Axim owner. It seems like every day, some new Axim-related site is popping up.

The latest of these is AximCases. They've rounded up links to all the major case manufacturers, including Vaja, Covertec, Piel Frama, Rhinoskin, Krusell, and others. They've also provided forums for each brand of case, so you can discuss your case purchase with other Axim owners before you buy.

Right now they're offering a 20% discount on cases from Krusell and metal cases from Rhinoskin. They're also giving away seven Krusell leather cases; winners will be randomly selected from among registered users with five or more posts in their forums.

Old 05-26-2003, 05:25 AM
Jacob
Pontificator

This doesn't seem to be that great idea to me. I mean, I don't feel any inclination to really get into huge discussions about my case.

I guess it's nice to have a place to compare all the case options though.

Old 05-26-2003, 05:29 AM
Crystal Eitle
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob
This doesn't seem to be that great idea to me. I mean, I don't feel any inclination to really get into huge discussions about my case.

I guess it's nice to have a place to compare all the case options though.
I mostly posted it because of the contest - I like to bring it to people's attention when sites are giving stuff away.

I've won two software titles in the past week from contests on other sites, so I figure people's chances of winning stuff are pretty decent.

Old 05-26-2003, 05:42 AM
Crystal Eitle
Sage

Also, case discussions have provoked some pretty lively threads here on Pocket PC Thoughts. PPCT would probably still be my first stop for case questions (like it is for all PPC-related stuff 8) ), and who knows if the interest in the relatively narrow subject of Axim cases is enough to sustain a whole site, but I think it's a decent idea.

Having said that, I'd prefer it if the AximCases site were more of an all-PocketPC-cases site. It'd be cool to have all the manufacturers lined up in one place for comparison shopping, as well as have a reference to point to for newbies looking for cases.

I'm pretty sure a Google search for cases for my HP 1910 is what originally brought me to Pocket PC Thoughts. It seemed like when I first got my Pocket PC, I had no idea where to find cases, and they were really hard to find. I'm glad to have found 'Thoughts, but I also imagine this Axim Cases site might be a handy resource for new Axim owners.

Old 05-26-2003, 06:57 AM
Jacob
Pontificator

I do like the fact that they have a place where all of them are posted at the same place... I guess it's just the skeptic in me.

Old 05-26-2003, 09:41 AM
snave
Pupil

If your looking for Axim cases and accessories in the UK then try www.pocketpc-solutions.co.uk

Old 05-26-2003, 11:08 PM
dh
Mystic

I don't really see the point in a site for Axim cases or really any other one product sites.

Most interesting issues apply to PPCs in general, not just one brand. When I come here, for instance, I read the general forums, Just chatting, Software, Multimedia, Wireless and Off Topic much more than I check the Axim one. Most of the posts in the Axim forum are really ones that would be better in the software or other forums anyway. Only the mushy D-Pad ones (and a few others) are really Axim related.

Maybe I'm not passioate enough about my Axim. It is a great device, does everything I could ask. Would I change tomorrow if I thought something was better? You Bet!!!!!

Old 05-27-2003, 02:04 PM
drop
Thinker

Thank you, Crystal Eitle.

I see no problem with the site nor the idea of the site. My boyfriend finds my passion for my Pocket PC as strange, to put it politely. If someone enjoys a heated discussion on cases, then it is ok, too 0X .

By the way, all the people who participated in the monster Axim case thread could apprecate a site like this one :lol: .

Old 05-27-2003, 04:31 PM
ferrysj
Pupil
Default Just in case you need a case

Thanks for the link in the original post. It saved me hours from searching for all the case options and/or re-reading the extinsive posts on cases. In 10 minutes I was able to see most the options and prices. After I make a purchase for my x5, I will probably never need the sight again . . . that is . . . until I get an x7.