Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 05-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Crystal Eitle
Sage
Default Hi There! Crystal "Spacewaitress" Eitle Reporting for Duty!

I really enjoy the community here at Pocket PC Thoughts, so I was pretty excited when Jason asked me to be part of the news team (on a trial basis, of course!) It must have been meant to be - owning a Pocket PC has brought out an "inner geek" in me that was just waiting to be born this whole time; I'm more excited about technology now than I've ever been in my life.

Here's what I do when I'm not posting to Pocket PC Thoughts: I work as an executive administrative assistant for a large Midwestern bank. I spend a lot of my spare time reading books, keeping up with world events, maintaining my two blogs, and reading other peoples' blogs. When not geeking out on my own, I like to geek out with my friends and take advantage of Minneapolis' many cultural and recreational activities, including rock concerts, movies, art museums, and our lovely parks and beaches. (Lake beaches, that is. I understand people who live by the ocean don't consider lakes to be "real" beaches!)

My first PDA ever is the one I own now, an HP iPAQ 1910. I've wanted a Pocket PC ever since I first laid eyes on one over a year ago. Once I finally was able to get one, I fell in love. I use my 1910 for everything - reading, keeping up with the news, listening to music, playing games and - yes - staying organized.

I spend a lot of time on the 'Net, which is probably half the reason I was asked to come on board! I've learned so much from PPCT; I just hope that I can help other PPC users learn some neat stuff.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Chris Spera
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Chris Spera

SW--

Welcome aboard!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Old 05-15-2003, 10:34 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Good to have you on the team. :lilangel:

Looking forward to your further contributions. :angel:

Old 05-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

:clap:

Old 05-15-2003, 10:40 PM
ntractv
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to ntractv

You have been honoured. Congrats. I've read some of your posts and you should have no problem becoming a superb news poster.

P.S. By the way and off topic, I am a huge Prince fan and wanted to ask and find out if true that most people in the area don't really care for him and that he is a little weird.

True?

Old 05-15-2003, 10:45 PM
CTSLICK
Sage

Hey cool, good for you. I've checked out some of the reviews on your site, you should fit right in.

Bonus that you're in Minnesota :way to go:

Old 05-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

:way to go:

Old 05-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Congrats!

btw - especially with the title of this post, I kept reading your name as "Crystal Elite".

Old 05-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Crystal Eitle
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntractv
P.S. By the way and off topic, I am a huge Prince fan and wanted to ask and find out if true that most people in the area don't really care for him and that he is a little weird.

True?
Well, yeah, he is a little weird. I'm not saying this from personal experience, it's just pretty well-documented.

As for not caring for him, well, I once read a column that said living in the same town as Prince is like living in the same town as an ex-lover. You just don't have the option of ignoring him, 'cause you're constantly running into him. The "Prince awareness level" around here is a constant low-grade hum....

No wait, those are the power lines.

One cool thing about being from the same town as Prince is that bands that come through here often do Prince covers in their shows, which is always fun. I saw Ani DiFranco do a cover of "When Doves Cry" - it was great. That and Bob Dylan covers.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:52 PM
Crystal Eitle
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati42
Congrats!

btw - especially with the title of this post, I kept reading your name as "Crystal Elite".
Thanks! Common misconception.

It's actually pronounced like "idol" :wink: . You know, like Billy Idol! Or, um, "idle."