Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 05-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Think Outside & Fellowes Team Up for Pocket PC Keyboards

http://home.businesswire.com/portal...news_view_popup

"Fellowes, Inc., a worldwide leader in mobile, computer and consumer electronics accessories, announced today that it has signed a distribution agreement with Think Outside, the designers of the popular Stowaway keyboards for PDAs, for all Stowaway keyboard products not sold under the Palm brand. As part of this new relationship, Fellowes is introducing the next-generation Stowaway XT keyboard into its retail channels. The Stowaway XT, an extra-thin mobile keyboard designed to provide a smart typing solution for Hewlett Packard and Sony PDA users on-the-go, will be on store shelves in May 2003. The original Stowaway Portable Keyboard also is available through Fellowes for HP and Sony PDA users.

"We are really excited about our partnership with Think Outside and the introduction of the Fellowes Stowaway XT," said Nancy Heaton, senior product manager for Fellowes Mobile Accessories Group. 'We think it will be a hit for two reasons, first because of the comfort and ease of use of the full-size keyboard and also because of its sleek design.' "

Finally! The slick new XT keyboards are going to be made available for Pocket PCs! This is great news, although I wish they would have supported more than just the HP Pocket PCs out of the gate. The keyboards are going to be available this month (May) for a price of $99.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Kaber
Philosopher
Send a message via AIM to Kaber

What, no pictures?

Old 05-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaber
What, no pictures?
It's no different than the Palm keyboard that has been out for months. Click here if you want to see an animated GIF.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:28 PM
bdegroodt
Pontificator

Cool! Finally. That's the only fold up keyboard I've ever been interested in. Now if HP could just ship that thumboard, I'd be a happy clam.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:41 PM
rlobrecht
Thinker
Default On your lap

The gif says you can use it on your lap. That's been my biggest complaint about the previous stowaways, is that you needed a table to use them.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:44 PM
bdegroodt
Pontificator

Hey Jason! How come Steve doesn't come yell at you for not shortening your URLs

Old 05-07-2003, 06:49 PM
David C
Intellectual

How about think outside of PDA brand specific keyboard, and team up with some one to make a bluetooth universal keyboard.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdegroodt
Hey Jason! How come Steve doesn't come yell at you for not shortening your URLs
Because, unfortunately, our posting system doesn't allow it. What we really need is phpBB to support automatic URL shortening... :evil:

Old 05-07-2003, 06:55 PM
anthonymoody
Ponderer

where's the one for the XDA!!! :?

Old 05-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Gator5000e
Intellectual

And the Axim? :?: