Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-06-2003, 03:57 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default ActiveSync 3.7 Released

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&DisplayLang=en

ActiveSync 3.7 has slipped up onto the Microsoft Web site, but there's no list of updates or improvements on the Web site. Someone go install it and tell me if it makes things better or worse. :wink:

Old 05-06-2003, 04:01 AM
Fzara
Thinker

ahh, Activestink 3.7.

PS. My Wi Fi network rocks :lol:

Old 05-06-2003, 04:17 AM
kevdawg2003
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg2003 Send a message via MSN to kevdawg2003

I pulled this from the readme.doc file from the installation.

WHAT'S NEW

Feature: Improved remote synchronization experience.
Benefit: ActiveSync no longer blocks remote synchronization with dialog boxes that pop up on your desktop computer, so you can slide in the WLAN or wireless modem card and synchronize with your desktop computer anywhere you can access your network.

Feature: Configure server synchronization settings from your PC.
Benefit: ActiveSync can synchronize information on your desktop PC and/or a Microsoft Exchange Server with the information on your mobile device. This requires Microsoft Mobile Information Server 2002 or later.

Feature: ActiveSync pass-through connection.
Benefit: Enables you to use your USB cradle connection to pass through your desktop PC to access the Internet or a network with your mobile device. You can then perform tasks, such as browsing the Internet, or downloading IMAP/POP 3 e-mail messages.

Feature: Improved USB support.
Benefit: Windows 2000 USB driver issues in the previous version of ActiveSync have been fixed.

Feature: More robust synchronization with Outlook.
Benefit: Synchronization with Outlook is now more reliable and robust than before.

Feature: Configure synchronization settings prior to first synchronization, including custom synchronization settings.
Benefit: Enable all of the ActiveSync options you need in a single step.

Not too much benefits me that well. But i love to always be up to date with all my software .

Old 05-06-2003, 04:26 AM
rtrueman
Ponderer

Well it didn't crash my machine! First sync and no unresolved items... We'll see for how long.

Old 05-06-2003, 04:28 AM
Paragon
Magi

I think the only way we are going to be able to judge this is by the number of activesync help questions we see. Hopefully they will drop considerably.

Dave

Old 05-06-2003, 04:53 AM
rfischer
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to rfischer Send a message via MSN to rfischer Send a message via Yahoo to rfischer

What a bummer. I can't seem to get to the download. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow..

Old 05-06-2003, 04:53 AM
Jaxbulls
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to Jaxbulls

Working fine for me so far.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:17 AM
Howard2k
Ponderer

Worked for me.. Nothing groundbreaking so far.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:45 AM
Ojster
Pupil

I had problems syncing for the past three months - never before so I sometimes even wondered how come since everyone else had problems. But for the past two months I've given up. I don't even sync anymore because out of 10 times it syncs once or lately not even this often. I tried everything except formatting my HDD and reinstalling WinXP and I tried this new 3.7 version but no luck :? I guess I will have to reinstall everything to get it working again Oh well - nothing unusual

So I guess those of you who have problems will continue to have them Those with luck will stil have luck - in short - nothing changed.

Best regards,
Peter

Old 05-06-2003, 05:49 AM
seanturner
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojster
I had problems syncing for the past three months - never before so I sometimes even wondered how come since everyone else had problems. But for the past two months I've given up. I don't even sync anymore because out of 10 times it syncs once or lately not even this often. I tried everything except formatting my HDD and reinstalling WinXP and I tried this new 3.7 version but no luck :? I guess I will have to reinstall everything to get it working again Oh well - nothing unusual

So I guess those of you who have problems will continue to have them Those with luck will stil have luck - in short - nothing changed.

Best regards,
Peter
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be hardware related. SOmething had fried the USB port on my iPaq. Can you try doing a network or infrared sync of some sort?