Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-30-2003, 09:00 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default Sound Editor From VITO

http://www.handango.com/PlatformPro...productId=67598

VITO Technology, who created such Pocket PC applications as VoiceDialer, ButtonMapper and SoundExplorer, now has yet another tool to try out: SoundEditor.

"VITO SoundEditor provides a basic set of tools for sound editing. It features stylish and informative user interface and intuitive toolbar for quick access to options."

Main features:

� Supports native WAV format
� Unlimited file size
� Stylish and intuitive UI
� Basic set of tools (copy, cut, paste)

Note, however, that the feature set is fairly limited because this is a beta release. Other features that are supposed to be coming soon are:

� File copying for editing
� Recording
� Tagging
� One-step undo/redo
� "Save as" option
� Sound rate options
� Sound temp options
� Different sound effects

Okay, here's a strange twist: This is listed as a beta and there is a free demo available, but a registered version costs $9.95. It looks as though the regular release (with the added features) will eventually cost $15.95, so those who buy this beta version will save $6.00, but it strikes me as an odd way to market a new product.

In any event, I'll give this a try, just to see how it does with editing ringtones for my Pocket PC Phone Edition.

Old 04-30-2003, 05:14 PM
sub_tex
Theorist

Looks like a neat idea, but any audio editing program that tries to make a "slick" GUI usually means it's a low end app.

When you work with audio, you want options, not glamour.

There's so much wasted space on that sshot where those huge playback buttons are.

Old 04-30-2003, 06:12 PM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_tex
Looks like a neat idea, but any audio editing program that tries to make a "slick" GUI usually means it's a low end app.

When you work with audio, you want options, not glamour.

There's so much wasted space on that sshot where those huge playback buttons are.
Agreed. But you won't want to do THAT much on a Pocket PC anyway. It's not the ideal platform to do major audio editing. The developers know that and are trying to reach a balance.

Old 04-30-2003, 09:33 PM
ron_mason
Neophyte

If you are an audio professional like me and want to see a real professional audio system for PocketPC, go to http://www.pocketrec.com

I have seen a demo at the NAB a few weeks ago: IT'S ABSOLUTELY PHANTASTIC what they have!!! 8O