Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-23-2003, 07:34 AM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Shared Any Secrets Lately?

http://www.softwinter.com/sentry_ce.html

SoftWinter's Sentry 2020/CE is an encryption application which transparantly encrypts information on Pocket PCs. Sentry 2020/CE was around when the Pocket PC still was very young and probably the first encryption solution for the Pocket PC platform. I was then a contributing writer for PocketPC.com and wrote a review called "Shared Any Secrets Lately?" in which I tested the application. It was then, and still is, a very easy to use and very strong piece of software. SoftWinter released a new version of Sentry 2020/CE last week and the from the press release we can read: "SoftWinter Sentry 2020 for Pocket PC is an enterprise security tool utilizing transparent encryption to protect important information stored on Pocket PC devices. It provides the most comprehensive system of security with flexible options for protection alternatives, and it offers a transparent user interface. The user can choose which files he or she wishes to encrypt, as well as which algorithm is used. Files are transparently encrypted and decrypted on the fly allowing highest level of security without further user interaction. ... Sentry 2020 for Pocket PC is designed to work on all Windows CE platforms: HPC, HPC Pro, HPC 2000, Palm size PC, Pocket PC and Pocket PC 2002. It will be priced at US$49.95. 30 days free evaluation is available at http://www.softwinter.com/download.html."

Old 04-23-2003, 02:58 PM
PeterLake
Ponderer

I tried a lot of security products 2 years ago, and have had no desire to try another since buying this one.

Frankly, I can't understand why everyone isn't using some sort of security software for business-related files.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Coordinator
Pupil

I bought sentry 2020 about a year ago, and unlike the other encryption software I had, I actually use this one to encrypt my potentially sensitive files precisely because it does everything automatically, and I am not required to change the way I work. Highly recommended.

Old 04-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Venturello
Intellectual

PocketLock works excellent for me, integrates quite well and I also have a PC based program to open the files... its light, fast and more than enough for me. Havent tried this product, just wanted to let know anyone who needs a product like this to also check out PocketLock at http://www.applian.com/pocketpc/pocketlock/