Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 03-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Wi-Fi SD Cards Delayed Until Mid-Year

http://www.brighthand.com/article/W..._Until_Mid-Year

"Earlier this year, two companies announced plans to release in coming months Wi-Fi wireless networking cards that will plug into the SD slot on both Palm OS and Pocket PC handhelds. Unfortunately, people who have been eagerly awaiting these are in for some bad news: the first of these aren't expected until June at the earliest."

Old 03-27-2003, 04:45 PM
denethor
Pupil

As a 5450 owner :twisted: what about the SD GPS Rcvrs and SD Cameras?
Why all these SD stuff are delaying? I think millions of SD/IO capable devices was sold out. There must be enough demand for all these SD IO devices.

Old 03-27-2003, 06:37 PM
pocketpcdude1024
Thinker

I heard that there were different versions of the SDIO standard. Is this true? Will the devices be compatable with both versions, if this is the case? I'm not expecting much in the way of answers to my questions, but you never know if a SanDisk or Socket rep is cruzing the site. :wink:

Old 03-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketpcdude1024
I heard that there were different versions of the SDIO standard. Is this true? Will the devices be compatable with both versions, if this is the case? I'm not expecting much in the way of answers to my questions, but you never know if a SanDisk or Socket rep is cruzing the site. :wink:
I learned that at least in the case of the Toshiba E330 all SDIO is definitely not created equal. Not sure about the others...

That's one of the reasons to get a PPC with dual expansion: Memory for the SD slot, accessories for the CF slot...

Old 03-27-2003, 07:51 PM
bdegroodt
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzosi
I learned that at least in the case of the Toshiba E330 all SDIO is definitely not created equal. Not sure about the others...

That's one of the reasons to get a PPC with dual expansion: Memory for the SD slot, accessories for the CF slot...
What kind of issues did you have?

Old 03-28-2003, 12:59 AM
gpspassion
Intellectual

There are working samples though, as seen at CeBIT a couple of weeks ago!

http://www.gpspassion.com/pics/cebit/CeBIT(0003).jpg

Old 03-28-2003, 01:27 AM
MooseMaster
Ponderer

WOH! I heard they weren't going to be out until July to begin with, so this is good news to me :?

Old 03-28-2003, 03:13 AM
Thinkingman
Ponderer

Howdy, I think it will be about time when they release them. For too long CF has gotten the better of stuff in my opinion. It will be better in teh sense of not having to buy expansion packs, and other stuff. I am saying for thosewho are using SD only, older models, etc.