Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 03-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default BoxWave ClearTouch Screen Protectors

http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouch/

BoxWave sent me a few of their new ClearTouch screen protectors for my iPAQ 1910, and I have to say, I'm really impressed with them. I've tried out quite a few screen protectors, and previously the only ones I'd ever recommend to anyone were the PPC Techs WriteShields. I can now add the ClearTouch to that very short list - I found it easy to apply, and it's difficult to tell it's on, the hallmark of a good screen protector. What's better, you can wash it and re-use it if you need to clean it up. Nice! :way to go:

Old 03-26-2003, 12:04 AM
ntractv
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to ntractv

I have tried several screen savers, WriteRight was a complete wash, moved to Brando and was very happy, next tried WrithShields and also happy. How does BoxWave stand up to the later(s)? I am alway giddy for a good protector for my iPAQ 3835.

Old 03-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntractv
I have tried several screen savers, WriteRight was a complete wash, moved to Brando and was very happy, next tried WrithShields and also happy. How does BoxWave stand up to the later(s)? I am alway giddy for a good protector for my iPAQ 3835.
That's hard to say - the only TRUE way to compare then would be to get two Pocket PCs of the same type, load up the same image on both, and have a WriteShield on one, and a ClearTouch on the other. Anything else is just an opinion, which is what I gave. :wink:

Old 03-26-2003, 12:49 AM
karinatwork
Philosopher

I totally agree with Jason. I bought them because the description sounded great. But I found out they really are a great product. Of course, that too is just my own personal opinion...

Karin

Old 03-26-2003, 01:44 AM
jet8810
Intellectual

In my extensive screen protector test I used the ClearTouch and it was OK. I did not think it was great, like Jason did. Then again, I was comparing it to Brandos and WriteShields directly, so YMMV. If you wish to read this review, please do check it out at: http://www.pdajunkie.net/sprotectorscompare.htm . It is long, so you might want to do it during some serious spare time! .

Old 03-26-2003, 03:09 AM
Eitel
Theorist

I have used WriteShields and Brando in the past and they're both great. Now, the ClearTouch is the only one so far that I have been able to apply with absolutely no bubbles or fingerprints at all, and the quality is as good (or the same) as the Writeshields. Also, if you want to try one out, you don't need to spend $30+ on a 3 pack, since they (Boxwave) also sell them individually.

Old 03-26-2003, 05:43 AM
seanturner
Thinker

I've been using G2's and have found those blend the best with the screen because they go under the screen.

I've taken pictures (I'll post them when I get a chance) of two identical iPaq 5450's with the same image side by side, one with the protectors and one without and there is some yellow coloring added but I find it negligible.

Old 03-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Len Egan
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to Len Egan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinatwork
I totally agree with Jason. I bought them because the description sounded great. But I found out they really are a great product. Of course, that too is just my own personal opinion...

Karin
I have tried every protector under the sun. My two favs.? Writeshield and Boxwave. The later is $12.75 for one. The former runs about $27.95 for 3 PLUS you get screen cleaner and clothes. Because of the extras Writeshield might be a better value, but I think that I miqht favor the Boxwave protector.

Old 03-26-2003, 01:24 PM
roberto_torres
Ponderer
Default G2 are the best

Of all the screen protectors I have tried G2 are the best, they dont use adhesive and last for a lot of time. Also they are completely clear.

They use a special anti scratch coating. The only problem is that they are a bit expensive.

Check them out at www.pdascreenprotectors.com

Old 03-26-2003, 02:45 PM
BigCTM
Neophyte

I tried the Brandos and thought they were junk! I could easily apply it but it was obvious that I was using a screen protector. It made the screen look dull instead of bright. After this experience, I am very wary of trying another screen protector. Maybe I am asking too much, but I want the screen with a protector to be as bright as the screen without a protector.