Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 03-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Proporta Dell Axim Aluminium Case (Neoprene While you Wait)

http://www.proporta.com/detail.asp?id=406

"Proporta is due to release a smart aluminium case early in the the new year. Made of aircraft grade aluminium it will include all usual features of our other aluminium cases, such as those for the iPAQ Series, PEG-T Series, and m5xx Series. If you place your order now, not only will you be one of the first people to recieve this stylish new case, but we will send you one of our sporty protective neoprene cases to use while you await delivery."

"The even better part is that when we ship you're aluminium case to you, you're free to keep the neoprene case. As always, Proporta's never argue money back guaruntee covers this offer, so if you're not completley satisfied you can return both cases for a full refund."

As an Axim owner myself who has yet to find a case that doesn't add huge bulk, this looks very interesting!

Old 03-07-2003, 06:05 PM
GoldKey
Pontificator

"early in the the new year"

As in 2004???? I might not even be using this Axim by then.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldkey
"early in the the new year"

As in 2004???? I might not even be using this Axim by then.
Uh, no, they mean 2003. :-)

Old 03-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Gary Garland, Esq.
Ponderer
Default Re: Proporta Dell Axim Aluminium Case (Neoprene While you Wait)

For whatever it's worth, i used the wetsuit for years with my notebook computers until they weren't made anymore - and even then i bought some more - these things were neoprene (hence the name) and really did a great job of protecting my notebooks while allowing their use - they had elastic straps that went over the bottom front corners and the top front corners, and stayed in place while having a bit of elasticity. i didn't even know there were neoprene cases for today's pdas, and i really like my leather case (3 years, 2 pdas and still going strong - but the dreaded velcro - ack!) - anyway, i doubt i would want an aluminum case, but my prior experience with neoprene was all good - just my 2 cents worth...

Old 03-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

LOL! :lol:

Their site sells more then tech gadgets:

http://www.proporta.com/detail.asp?id=353
Quote:
Proporta Big Cat Hunting Stilts - �1,000,000.00

Big cats - make sure you and your loved-ones don't go hungry over the festive season with the Proporta hunting stilts.

The Proporta hunting stilts are made from seasoned mahogany and fitted with rubber grip souls and AntiNana(TM) banana-skin grip souls.

Supplied in a handy pack of four, you're guaranteed to remain king of the jungle.

Don't let lanky quadropedal prey get away this holiday - stay on top of the situation and let technology do the hard work.

The Proporta hunting stilts have collapsible telescopic front knee joints to assist in killing and feeding.

FURTHER TO COMPLAINTS WE HAVE NOW FITTED A DOUBLE LOCKING MECHANISM TO ALL COLLAPSIBLE KNEE JOINTS TO AVOID EMBARASSING 'DIRT-EATING' INCIDENTS DURING THE CHASE.

Coming soon from Proporta - GIRAFFE INLINE SKATES. Giraffes, don't let improbable-big-cat-on-stilts type hunting behaviour ruin your festive season. Make a sharp exit on our really-very-big-indeed inline skates and give a tall tiger a ho ho ho to remember.

I would say someone at the company has WAY to much time on their hands..or paws...whatever. :lol:

Old 03-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Gary Garland, Esq.
Ponderer

far too funny! what's the conversion rate into USD, anyway? i may get the smaller version for my housecat!

Old 03-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1
I would say someone at the company has WAY to much time on their hands..or paws...whatever. :lol:
:rofl: Now THAT's funny! :rofl:

I wish more sites would do things like this!

Old 03-08-2003, 01:16 AM
klinux
Sage
Send a message via MSN to klinux

Any Dell users wants to get in for a group buy?