Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Pocket PC Phone Audio Adapters Review

http://pdaphonehome.com/phpBB2/view...opic.php?t=1212

If you have a HTC-based Pocket PC Phone, you'll know that the headphones that come with it are fairly mediocre. I've been playing with one, and as some of you know I like to use the Pocket PC for music - but in my opinion the bundled headset is terrible for this.

To solve this, a number of companies have built headset/headphone adapters of various shapes and sizes. Mike Collins of pdaPhoneHome has written up a fantastic review of all of the ones available on the market, plus a new unit that PC-Mobile will be releasing:

I can't wait for this new adapter to come out! Read the article for more details...

Old 02-26-2003, 07:28 PM
Paragon
Magi

Janak

I have one of the PC-Mobile adapters you have pictured. I think it would well for you. It seem to me that I saw a post from you complaining your ears were to big or small ... with this adapter you can plug in your favorite headphones regardless of whether they have a mic. So far I think it's pretty cool.

Dave

Old 02-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Gordo
Intellectual

I love the idea of retractable cables, I would pay extra to have all of my cables work that way. :way to go:

Old 02-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Yup Dave - I'll be watching for it. I have the regular PC-Mobile adapter, and I hate having to remove it when the phone rings. I think I bought it just a tad too early.

--janak

Old 02-26-2003, 10:25 PM
mccollin
Ponderer
Default miniSync

If you like the retractable idea, the Boxwave mini-Sync is awesome. It is a "never leave home without it" product for me now. This one is becoming that way as well.