Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-26-2003, 04:21 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default Anxious For PocketQuicken to Be Released?

http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/ppc/tour/index.html

Here's your chance to get a sneak peek at what LandWare has in store when it finally releases PocketQuicken at the end of March. Their Web site has a brief visual tour you can take that gives an overview of the software's features.

"With excellent connectivity to the desktop, Pocket Quicken instantly mobilizes your financial data simply by dropping your handheld into the cradle, enabling on-the-go access to account balances, credit limits, transaction histories, exchange rates and more..."

Old 02-26-2003, 04:39 AM
BTS
Intellectual

It looks like a great program. My questions are: (1) Can two users sync with one Quicken account (Pocket Money wouldn't allow this - at least 2000 version)?; (2) Is there the beaming of transactions?; (3) How fast will it run on a PPC 2000 handheld? I tried POQuickMoney and liked it but it was just way to slow for my EM500.

Looking forward to the release! :lol:

Old 02-26-2003, 05:08 AM
dazz
Theorist

It's about stinking TIME!

This looks like a very well put together package, or at least screen shots.

I'm not sure what took them so long though. I have been doing exactly the same things (without the fancy graphics) using HanDBase for about a year.

Anyway, looks pretty good.

Darren

Old 02-26-2003, 05:13 AM
Marcel_Proust
Theorist

I don't see what the big deal is.
Just because it says Quicken.
Everyone is waiting.
There are many programs like this available. As well you can use Handbase, or just plain old Excel.

Old 02-26-2003, 05:27 AM
jngold_me
Thinker

Quote:
I don't see what the big deal is.
For those of us that use Quicken on the desktop, it is fairly obvious. Spb Quick has been the closest application to date that has the most "seamless" integration with Quicken desktop. However Quick still uses QIF import/export but automates the process so that it's not as painful as some of the older "banking" programs on the PPC.

I have been waiting for the PPC version of Quicken back when I had my EM-500 and I just ditched my final Visor device.

Like Dazz said (and I wholeheartedly agree)..."it's about time!"

Old 02-26-2003, 06:28 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngold_me
Like Dazz said (and I wholeheartedly agree)..."it's about time!"
I concur.

Old 02-26-2003, 06:31 AM
PetiteFlower
Magi

If you poke around on the site you can find a link to sign up to beta test it. Don't know what your chances of being picked are, but if I get picked I'll let you know

Old 02-26-2003, 07:40 AM
ExtremeSIMS
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to ExtremeSIMS Send a message via AIM to ExtremeSIMS
Default Mac OS Support

One day, perhaps Pocket PC users will have a 100% solution. Sigh. Syncing with Quicken would be nice.

And before anyone says it - yes, I COULD use a Windows machine, and in fact, I do for gaming. Everything else is on my Powerbook.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:45 AM
uclabruin
Neophyte
Default Pocket Quicken

Quote:
It's about time
I don't think so. I think it's TOO LATE. And they are still not done. They've kept a lot of people waiting with little or no response. How do you think the customer service response will be? SPB Quick works great.

Old 02-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Busdriver
Intellectual

As a Quicken user, I am also looking forward to this.

I would sure be interested as to why Landware took so long to develop PocketQuicken for PPC. Perhaps one of the administrators here at PocketPCThoughts could get the inside track from Landware re this question?