Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-22-2003, 02:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Pocket Plus 1.2.1 Released

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_...associateid=204

Jason Dunn, VP of Marketing for Spb Software House, reporting in. It was mildly painful seeing messages from people who had problems with the 1.2 release, but Vassili and I sat down at the MVP Summit, went through the messages, and talked about how to fix each one. We think we've nailed the bugs, and added back the feature we removed:

� "Alarm duration" option is back
� Support for iPaq 1900 and 5400 series
� Toshiba e740 Today plug-in options bug is fixed
� Phone Edition (XDA/MDA) close button bugs are fixed

This is a free update for registered users. You can install 1.2.1 over top your current version and you shouldn't need to re-register (I just tested this on my Axim). And if you haven't bought Pocket Plus yet, you don't know what you're missing. :wink:

Old 02-22-2003, 02:12 AM
paris
Intellectual

Support for iPaq 1900 and 5400 series???????????

i have 1.2 installed and it works, i think

Old 02-22-2003, 02:31 AM
maneufeld1
Neophyte

does this program drain the battery faster since it constantly keeps tabs on the system?
also, has anyone had the repeating alarm fail? i ask because using the default alarm function of ppc 2002 has failed me quite a few times.
finally, has anyone noticed any degradation in system stability using this program?

Old 02-22-2003, 02:34 AM
dbman
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maneufeld1
does this program drain the battery faster since it constantly keeps tabs on the system?
also, has anyone had the repeating alarm fail? i ask because using the default alarm function of ppc 2002 has failed me quite a few times.
finally, has anyone noticed any degradation in system stability using this program?
I have not noticed any increase in battery drain. I have not had a repeating alarm fail and my Axim works perfectly with this program. The repeating alarms alone are worth the price to me. Add to that the ability to specify how long these alarms are going to last is super. No need to worry about running the battery down when you are not available to hear the alarm.

Old 02-22-2003, 02:42 AM
maneufeld1
Neophyte

thanks. i am thinking about getting this. one more question, though. minus the repeating alarms, which are crucial, battery pack 2003 appears to have very similar features. what are peoples' thoughts on it?

Old 02-22-2003, 02:59 AM
chapter
Neophyte
Default I like this software.

I un-installed my version 1.1. Then went back to pocket gear and downloaded it again. I re-installed and the very first new thing I saw was an indicator on the Today screen showing me how much memory is left on the SD card. Before the update only main memory level appeared.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:48 AM
drop
Thinker

Thanks for a wonderful product and attention to customer's requests.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:52 AM
Mike Wagstaff
Intellectual

Quote:
... also, has anyone had the repeating alarm fail? i ask because using the default alarm function of ppc 2002 has failed me quite a few times.
The default alarm function is flawed in that alarms are not always picked up by the OS when you set them. The trick is not to turn your device off for at least 3 seconds (more to be on the safe side) when you set an alarm.

This has been discussed in an earlier news thread, so do a search to find out the full story behind this rather bizarre issue. Also, just to make it absolutely clear, it's definitely not a fault with PocketPlus, which has always worked perfectly for me.

Old 02-22-2003, 04:39 AM
dlangton
Intellectual

Just a feature request for Pocket Plus.

It would be nice if the installation routine, or control applet, gave the option to disable the Today Screen plugin. While it's a perfectly acceptable plugin, I already have plenty of Today screen plugins, so that the additional one disables other plugins. I've renamed the *.dll file as a solution, but would prefer to see the option integrated into Pocket Plus.

Old 02-22-2003, 04:44 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

CAB files.....we need CAB files!!!