Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 02-26-2003, 09:18 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Thanks for the pointers Jason. It's good to get enhanced guidelines and a more detailed explanation of how/why things work. Appreciated!

Quote:
...what fun would that be to read?
Not as much as PPCT usually is. :lol:

Old 02-26-2003, 09:31 PM
malcolmsharp
Ponderer

As a guy that sends in more than a few news stories, I want to let you know I'm never mad at the MANY, MANY, MANY times you've never posted what I sent you. And NEVER when you gave some other IDIOT credit for somethin I sent you! No, never.

More than once I have gotten an email back with a thanks, and even once explaining why a story wasn't used. I know you can't every time, nor even most times. For those times, thanks.

And thanks, in general, for the great job you guys do in getting news up.

Just a little tip for news hounds... I have a news alert app from MSN news. I put in a few key words, like Pocket PC and such, and I get a little red flashing thing on my text bar when news comes up. Great for when you have an always on conection.

Old 02-26-2003, 09:40 PM
vincentsiaw
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to vincentsiaw Send a message via MSN to vincentsiaw

I think PPCT is fair enough in posting policy is fair enough, the admin even send me thank you notes! very satisfied !

Old 02-26-2003, 10:07 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB
Default funny

I find it funny (or sad) that this even had to be posted. As if people thought they could become site admins or moderators by sending in news items that may not make it. Like most others, I appreciate what Jason (and the others) have done for this community.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Cracknell
Ponderer

I want my cookie!

Oh wait, I have to send news suggestion first. ..oops.

heh, cheer, keep up the good works.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

Seriously? Are people actually pissed that they didn't get their news posted or wasn't given credit? Is this really THAT important to people? I guess everyone want to get their 15 minutes of fame in one way or another. But considering how often Jason and co updates the site its more like 15 seconds before it buried below 15 other stories.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:44 PM
brntcrsp
Thinker

I've sent in a few articles and haven't received credit for uncovering the article (I would guess). My first reaction used to be "WHY DIDN'T I GET CREDIT!" then I realized how childish that behavior was, took a deep breath, and was happy to know that maybe someone was helped by the link.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:45 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brntcrsp
I've sent in a few articles and haven't received credit for uncovering the article (I would guess).
While we do forget to put credits in once in a blue moon, very often it's because we already had received the news item and had queued it up to be posted. Just so you know.

You'll usually get a reply by email if we use "your" submission, so you know if we truly forgot to give credit.

--janak

Old 02-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1
Seriously? Are people actually pissed that they didn't get their news posted or wasn't given credit?
Yup. I wouldn't have spent the time writing this up unless I was going to be referring to it a LOT. :lol:

Old 02-26-2003, 11:53 PM
brntcrsp
Thinker

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter if my annoymous handle makes it to the front page of Pocket PC Thoughts. I just hope my contributions help.