Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-20-2003, 01:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Vaja Releases Dell Axim X5 Case

Vaja has released two new case designs for the Axim, and as always, they both look beautiful. I think I need a review unit... :wink:

� Easy access to all functions
� 1 money pocket
� 2 SD/MMC cards slots
� Size: 5-1/8" x 3-2/8" x 1-1/8" inchs.

Old 02-20-2003, 01:27 AM
jet8810
Intellectual

Beautiful! Vaja cases are by far the best quality cases out there, but their prices are slighly steep. If I didn't have a HandheldPlanet case that I got rather cheap, I would have saved up for the Vaja. Oh well...this case gets the job done by protecting the device .

Old 02-20-2003, 02:27 AM
mirkazemisaman
Intellectual

I was going to get a case for my Axim a few days back and I couldn't find something that I really liked. I am glad I waited, now I can get one of these...

Old 02-20-2003, 03:06 AM
CharlesWilcox
Ponderer

It's about time.... That pleather case that comes with the Axim was bringing me down... 8)

Old 02-20-2003, 01:55 PM
bjctsm3
Pupil

Does anybody sell these in Canada? Vaja and the resellers listed use UPS to deliver and it's gonna cost big time for custom brokage .

Old 02-20-2003, 03:43 PM
JoeMoon
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjctsm3
Does anybody sell these in Canada? Vaja and the resellers listed use UPS to deliver and it's gonna cost big time for custom brokage .
I have been a fan of Vaja for almost 2 years now. I can tell you from personal experience that they go out of their way in customer service. Send them an email with your concerns and you will get a personalized email back within a day.

For those that are concerned about the price of a Vaja case... You get much much more than a beautiful genuine leather custom fitted hand stiched case... There are real people, with a real desire to satisfy waiting to help. Vaja replaced a case after 12 months of use, without the hassel of proof of purchase, style, make - anything! They charged me $10 for shipping and sent me a brand new case. I didn't even have to send the damaged one back!

Tell me, any American manufacturer going to do that?!

Joe...

Old 02-20-2003, 05:14 PM
smbruce
Pupil

Oh blimey!

I'd just about decided on a Piel Frama case for my Axim (when it arrives)and then the Vaja case is announced!

Has anyone seen both Vaja and Piel Frama cases before and able to give a comparison?

Thanks!

Steve

Old 02-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbruce
Has anyone seen both Vaja and Piel Frama cases before and able to give a comparison?
I emailed Piel Frama a few weeks back and they were trying to get hold of an X5 to design thier Axim cases. They asked to borrow mine for this 8O but I pointed out that it not arrived yet. It arrived yesterday! 8)

Old 02-20-2003, 11:34 PM
smbruce
Pupil

Quote:

I emailed Piel Frama a few weeks back and they were trying to get hold of an X5 to design thier Axim cases. They asked to borrow mine for this but I pointed out that it not arrived yet.
Thanks PDA Gerbil!

I e-mailed Piel Frama a couple of days ago (really helpful - seem like an excellent company to do business with) and they expect to have pictures available on their website early next week.

Steve

Old 02-21-2003, 12:32 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbruce
I e-mailed Piel Frama a couple of days ago (really helpful - seem like an excellent company to do business with) and they expect to have pictures available on their website early next week.
Yes. I have found them very good in the past - very helpfull.

However - that Vaja does look GOOD and I really like the magnetic closure. I'm tempted. Could people please post links to an reviews of this case when they see any? Thanks.