Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Rirath
Pontificator

Quote:
Okay how often has this happened to you? You pull out your Pocket PC to show off some digital pictures to your friends and colleagues only to be the rewarded with that stupid, annoying, "please wait" icon spinning like a moron in the middle of your screen.
To answer the question, never. Usually calling the icon stupid a few times in a row indicates user error. :wink: I would most certainly be one of the jeering friends.

Hmm, the only way I'd recommend something like this is if you have no access to a desktop PC when you need it. Judging from the examples you give, I can see some quality loss between the original and the result. If at all possible, use Photoshop and it's amazing save for web compression for the highest quality. You really can see the difference on these LCD screens.

Personally I just set up a custom action in Photoshop to resize, sharpen, compress, and save a folder of images. More so, if these images have not yet been processed and they're straight from the camera, spending 5 minutes cropping and adjusting brightness and contrast levels will make a world of difference. I use a second action for unprocessed images, auto-level, auto-contrast, resize, sharpen, compress, save.

On the other hand, if you're absolutely image illiterate and your idea of a image editor is MS Paint, then at least your moving in the right direction. Or like I said, you simply don't have access to your PC and need to show the images now.