Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default WebIS Releases Journal Sync 1.0

http://www.pocketinformant.com/JournalSync.php

Journal Sync Plugin is an ActiveSync conduit that syncs the Microsoft Outlook 2000 and 2002 (XP) Journal with Pocket Informant 3.31 and up.

There is no trial version, but it only costs $8, so if you use Journal entries either in Outlook on your desktop or in Pocket Informant 3.31 and higher, this is a great way to keep your desktop and Pocket PC in sync. At this time, only Pocket PC 2002 is supported.

Old 01-02-2003, 03:37 PM
MLO
Intellectual

I'm still waiting for the program that will sync the Outlook Journal with Pocket Outlook.

I don't use Pocket Informant (crashed a couple of times while I was testing it), but I do use the Journal feature in Outlook.

MLO

Old 01-02-2003, 03:59 PM
mcpell
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to mcpell

MLO - this is the purpose of the Journal Sync add-on for Pocket Informant. The latest version of PI (3.45) is really quite stable and feature rich. I would download the trial again and take a look at it. I've been using Journal Sync for a couple of days now and it seems to work pretty well. CLC Journal is a separate program that you can buy for the Pocket PC that allows you to sync the Journal without Pocket Informant. I must say, however, your money would be much better spent on the Pocket Informant/Journal Sync combo than CLC Journal.

Enjoy,

McP

Old 01-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLO
I'm still waiting for the program that will sync the Outlook Journal with Pocket Outlook.

I don't use Pocket Informant (crashed a couple of times while I was testing it), but I do use the Journal feature in Outlook.
That is the point of this and Pocket Informant. Pocket Outlook doesn't support journals at all.

Old 01-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Master O'Mayhem
Theorist

Do you think this will synch my tabletpc Journal files?

Old 01-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Master O'Mayhem
Theorist

Which raises a good question.... will there ever be the ability to view annotate a TabletPC journal file? hmmm

Old 01-02-2003, 06:14 PM
mcpell
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master O'Mayhem
Do you think this will synch my tabletpc Journal files?
My understanding is that if you download the Office XP Pack for Tablet PC:

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/oxptp.aspx

that you can integrate your Windows Journal entries with Outlook. If that is the case, then it would follow that you could sync with PI because they would then be in Outlook.

Old 01-02-2003, 06:55 PM
MLO
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpell
MLO - this is the purpose of the Journal Sync add-on for Pocket Informant. The latest version of PI (3.45) is really quite stable and feature rich. I would download the trial again and take a look at it. I've been using Journal Sync for a couple of days now and it seems to work pretty well. CLC Journal is a separate program that you can buy for the Pocket PC that allows you to sync the Journal without Pocket Informant. I must say, however, your money would be much better spent on the Pocket Informant/Journal Sync combo than CLC Journal.

Enjoy,

McP
I did download the latest version....unless another version of PI came out today or yesterday.

The Calendar view crashed when I opened an appointment...which happened repeatedly. I did look at CLC, and for 39.95 its far too expensive.

If they did release a new version today/yesterday, I'll download it again and test it.

MLO

Old 01-02-2003, 07:17 PM
mcpell
Neophyte

I agree that the CLC price point is a little high, which is why I suggested the PI/Journal Sync combo.

As far as your issue is concerned, if you have not already, I would check out the forums on the Pocket Informant site - they're very good. I would also submit a message to Pocket informant support. They are generally pretty good at following up on support requests.

Old 01-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Marcel_Proust
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpell

Enjoy,

McP
I did download the latest version....unless another version of PI came out today or yesterday.

The Calendar view crashed when I opened an appointment...which happened repeatedly. I did look at CLC, and for 39.95 its far too expensive.

If they did release a new version today/yesterday, I'll download it again and test it.

MLO
i would encourage you to contact webis and try to troubleshoot. i have been running pi for several versions now and with very few problems. i run very large schedules, with many repeats, exceptions etc, and over a 1000 name contact database.