Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 12-20-2002, 02:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Would you buy Toshiba again?

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...pic.php?p=51364

Based on the discussion we're having here, people are getting pretty upset (rightly so) that Toshiba has apparently abandoned e310 users when it comes to software updates. And although no one has mentioned this yet, I can't help but think that if they won't give us EUU3, they're probably not going to offer the next-generation Pocket PC OS either. With this in mind, vote in the poll.

Old 12-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Don't forget the e570. That has been discontinued only a few months and IIRC, they didn't get EUU2!

Old 12-20-2002, 03:21 PM
peterawest
Intellectual

As a result of this, and the problems my friends have been having with their e310's blowing up because of incompatibility with a 128MB expansion card, I've been suggesting to others who are looking that they start with either a new Dell, or the new low end iPAQ.

Old 12-20-2002, 03:24 PM
The Big Jay
Ponderer

It's so bad that "This poll is lame" is outracing "Toshiba is good."

That's scary!

Old 12-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Jimmy Dodd
Sage

I voted "no" but I've not actually seen your haircut...

Old 12-20-2002, 04:02 PM
deaj
Neophyte
Default euu2 and euu3 work on toshiba e570 or audiovox maestro

hi,

why people complaint ? euu3 works perfectly on both audiovox maestro and toshiba e570 and it will work on e310. just use like i did the compaq euu3, it will work fine.

As for the new os, wait and see because i'm not sure that upgrade will be available for all pockets pc before anyway ?

so i think people are overeacting on this one.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Delta737
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Delta737
Default Upgrade

Overreacting!?!? The EUU3 for the Toshiba e740 fixes specific "toshiba problems" (like the "Main battery low" at 50%). The HP/Compaq one, doesn't do that! Besides, even if a product is being discontinued they should keep providing service for it. Like HP/Compaq does (with the 36xx for example)

Old 12-20-2002, 04:55 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

I voted yes and crossed my finger as i clicked submit. I have had nothing but good luck with toshiba products. I guess i will wait and see if they stiff me on my e740.

Oh and EUU3 does not fix the 50% battery error. I still get it randomly. But so far i have fixed it 2 time by opening the battery meter, waiting 5 seconds, powering the device off and back on and then waiting until the battery meter updates to correct reading. I have only done this twice but it worked both times... so maybe. :?

Old 12-20-2002, 05:59 PM
shk718
Pupil

What about clear type - they never fixed that either. These products need to be treated like any other consumer product (electric razor which requires blades - printers which require ink ) if you don't supply replacement parts then you sounldn't sell the product. I for one would be very reluctant to buy another Toshiba product. We have too many other options out there - all it takes is one bad experience.

Old 12-20-2002, 06:40 PM
Cameroon
Neophyte

I've never owned a Toshiba...but that bit about your haircut cracked me up. Thanks.