Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Old 12-14-2002, 07:32 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default What Ringtones Do You Use?

Okay, this isn't exactly a poll, but I need some help customizing my Pocket PC Phone Edition. I've found several Web sites that offer WAVs that can be used for ringtones, but I'm curious about just which tones people think are coolest.

Old 12-14-2002, 07:35 AM
cherring
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to cherring
Default Simple ones

I think the ones that make it sound like a phone are the best.

Old 12-14-2002, 07:48 AM
Marc Zimmermann
Intellectual

RocknRoll1 or Vocal5 from the Microsoft ring tone pack.

Old 12-14-2002, 07:58 AM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

I don't have a phone edition but I would want my ringer to sound just like one of those old heavy black bell telephones from the 1940's. Yeah... I wanna hear the bell clanging. Uber retro.

My current cell ringer is the chirping noise the communicators made from the original Star Trek tv show.. Uber GEEK!!

Old 12-14-2002, 08:15 AM
szamot
Sage

I don't have an XDA not can I customize the cell phone but my reminders on my X5 say. "incoming message from star fleet command coming in on secure channel" it scares people and just makes them wonder. My start sync says "now establishing a data link" and end sync says "transfer complete" all these are of course Star Trek computer voice ripped off the TV am I sure but they are amazing in quality.

Old 12-14-2002, 08:22 AM
Russ
Ponderer
Default Ring Tones

Yeah, I like the old fashion ring tone...bring...bring. People look around to see whose phone is ringing and what kind of sad old b*stard has the dodgy old mobile phone. They are somewhat surprised to see it's an highly sophisticated XDA. Retro chic! Mind I'm heavily into valve amps as well...

Russ
If it wasn't for the XDA and computing I'd be a sad old hi-fi bore...

Old 12-14-2002, 08:24 AM
NeilE
Ponderer
Default Can't go wrong with Britney

When we were working on Smartphone we had a long-running gag about in the team about Britney Spears (if you've ever seen any of our trade show demos, we'd often talk about using Britney home screens). The first wav ringtone I used on my Smartphone was a clip from "Stronger". It's still one of my favourites, and is about as irritating as you can get

One of the other PMs in our team used to have Homer going "D-oh! D-oh! D-oh! D-oh! D-oh!". It was great fun in meetings, especially when we had a bug where the ring tone wouldn't stop playing!

Old 12-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Carlos
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Carlos

I use the "old phone" ring. People love it and have a good laugh. The SMS notification is an ST communicator.

Old 12-14-2002, 11:15 AM
thenikjones
Ponderer

Don't have smartphone - good old HP568 does for me - but on Nokia, used to have jaunty "The Buffoon" tune. Then everyone starts using it, so gone back to "Ring ring"-type sound. As no-one else uses such a boring tone, I can distinguish my phone ringing in the next office!

Recently, read article about how "cool" phone tones are. The author made the point that James Bond uses a simple "ring ring" tone - good enough for him, good enough for me!

Old 12-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Shaun Stuart
Theorist

This pack for the SPV includes ringtones that could be used on your pocket pc phone. They include

Old Telephone/s - includes old callbox
Joe 90 intro
Shaft intro
mission impossible intro
plus about 15 more ringtones and 20 alarms/alerts including startrek types.

Most of these you could probably find if you searched long enough on the net but if you want them quickly go here

http://tinyurl.com/3ae0