Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 11-15-2002, 09:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default My Favourite Colour Is...

"My favourite colour is yellow. Yellow is the best there is - it clearly outperforms all other colours. Specification wise, yellow surpasses all other colours, and you'd have to be an idiot not to see that. Yellow is also cheaper than other colours, and that's really what matters. No, I haven't actually held yellow in my hands, nor have I seen any direct comparisons to other colours (like red or green), but come on, THINK about it would you? How can you possibly prefer other colours when it's SOOOOO obvious that yellow is the best? Did you eat lead paint chips as a child? Your reasons for liking anything other than yellow are stupid! Can't you read the specs I'm posting? Why are you making me repeat myself? Yellow is the only choice for anyone with two ounces of grey matter!"

No, I haven't gone insane. :wink: The above is a fictional, but fairly accurate, representation of what has been going on in the forums over the past two weeks. But instead of "yellow", insert any model of new Pocket PC - Dell Axim X5, Viewsonic V35, HP 1910, etc. I'm finding that some users are extremely aggressive when it comes to sharing their thoughts on these new devices. Instead of pointing out why THEY like the device and leaving at that, they are questioning/attacking other users for not agreeing with them. Guys, this has to stop (and, yes, I know that this is something I historically have a problem with, but I'm in therapy :lol.

Messages that are too aggressive in this manner will simply be deleted - they don't belong on this board. Not everything requires a response in life - sometimes it's better to sit back and listen than to open your mouth and speak (a hard lesson for me to learn).

Fact is, all of these devices are too new to really speak intelligently about, and the reviews are just starting to trickle in. And, frankly, it someone says they want the Viewsonic device because of the way it smells, let them. Don't argue, don't accuse, don't try to "teach" them the "truth". Device choice is a very personal thing, and everyone here should feel free to explain why they prefer one device over another without fearing they'll get pounced upon and "corrected".

This also holds true for those of you who can't seem to grasp that different devices exist for different markets. Here's something you should write down: "Not everyone is like me. People are different. People are special." :wink: My point here is that while you may look at a low-end Pocket PC and scoff, it might be perfect for someone else. And while you may curse the thought of spending $700 on a high-end Pocket PC, others have been waiting for just that. Don't apply your device criteria to someone else - let them make up their own mind. Don't assume that everyone else is stupid and that if you quote specs often enough, they'll agree with you.

Let's try to be positive. I like that people can express their opinions on this site, but sometimes it's better to say nothing instead of telling someone why their dream device sucks. M'kay? 8)

Old 11-15-2002, 09:07 PM
Monty Gibson
Thinker

I just wish someone would answer my question of "Can I install Money for PocketPC on an SD card!" I'd be happy even it was "Yes, you friggin' idiot! What the $%@# is your problem for asking a @#$%@^& stupid question like that!" At least I'd have an answer :lol:

Old 11-15-2002, 09:11 PM
Bob Anderson
Thinker

My goodness, are you asking us to be civil?

I thought that wasn't politically correct anymore :wink:

I applaud your statements.

By the way, I can already hear someone complaining about being "censored" on this site... because an overly negative post will be deleted. You know what? WHO CARES! If you don't like it, go read something else! No one told you that you HAD to come here!!

(OOPS... was this too harsh?)

Jason does such a good job with this site, I don't want anything or anyone jeopardizing our chances of having this great forum available for some time to come. Let's stay positive and rejoice in all the goodness that is coming to the PPC world! We've been waiting a long time to have this kind of product range available....

Old 11-15-2002, 09:16 PM
KyleC
Intellectual
Default Re: My Favourite Colour Is...

My favourite Pocket PC is the Toshiba e310. The Toshiba e310 is the best there is - it clearly outperforms all other Pocket PCs. Specification wise, the Toshiba e310 surpasses all other Pocket PCs, and you'd have to be an idiot not to see that. the Toshiba e310 is also cheaper than other Pocket PCs, and that's really what matters. No, I haven't actually held the Toshiba e310 in my hands, nor have I seen any direct comparisons to other Pocket PCs (like Viewsonic or Asus Razor), but come on, THINK about it would you? How can you possibly prefer other Pocket PCs when it's SOOOOO obvious that the Toshiba e310 is the best? Did you eat lead paint chips as a child? Your reasons for liking anything other than the Toshiba e310 are stupid! Can't you read the specs I'm posting? Why are you making me repeat myself? the Toshiba e310 is the only choice for anyone with two ounces of grey matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Let's try to be positive. I like that people can express their opinions on this site, but sometimes it's better to say nothing instead of telling someone why their dream device sucks. M'kay? 8)
M'kay. 8) The reason why I like yellow, I mean the e310, is because it is more than just a PDA. I shelled out $400 for it like a week before it went $150, but yet I didn't return it. Why? I had already bonded with it, and I wasn't letting go. Of course, specwise there are "better" ones out there, but they just continued the revolutionary tangent that the e310 had made. Anyway, here it is: you folks buy your own PDAs, but don't come crying to me later. M'kay? 8)

Old 11-15-2002, 09:18 PM
KyleC
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Anderson
Jason does such a good job with this site, I don't want anything or anyone jeopardizing our chances of having this great forum available for some time to come. Let's stay positive and rejoice in all the goodness that is coming to the PPC world! We've been waiting a long time to have this kind of product range available....
Hear, Hear!

Old 11-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Gremmie
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsneFmly
I just wish someone would answer my question of "Can I install Money for PocketPC on an SD card!" I'd be happy even it was "Yes, you friggin' idiot! What the $%@# is your problem for asking a @#$%@^& stupid question like that!" At least I'd have an answer :lol:
Depends, if they give you Pocket Money on the CD then you can. Just install it, and when it asks to install to the default directory, say no, and choose storage card. By the way, the best color is blue. I don't need that expensive red, blue does me fine.

Old 11-15-2002, 09:25 PM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter

Personally, I think you're all nuts. I'm positive about that. :wink:

Old 11-15-2002, 09:25 PM
JornadaJ
Ponderer

There was a time when I was an Admin on a EW-Two-style "talker." (I am pretty much dating myself, huh?)

Anyway, one of our tools was banning someone for a temporary basis. A few hours for first offense, a day for second, so forth.

Or we can offer them the money and the hammer... :grinning devil:

Just an idea...

Old 11-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Paul P
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to Paul P

I agree, lets focus on the real enemy here........Palm. Attacking our own will accomplish nothing. :lol:

Old 11-15-2002, 09:34 PM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul P
Attacking our own will accomplish nothing. :lol:
No, but it makes for good entertainment. Like watching a pack of piranhas eat each other alive. Have at thee. :lol: