Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 11-04-2002, 11:51 AM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default LowFat Invoice 1.0 Shipping

http://www.lowfatsoftware.com

My apologies, but I first thought that this Pocket PC application was another "weight watcher". Mistake! LowFat Invoice is an invoicing application "allowing users to create, print, and e-mail invoices and estimates directly from PocketPCs. Documents produced by LowFat Invoice are based on XML and HTML technologies, allowing them to be accessed across platforms."

Expect to see more and more business scenarios taken care of by fine Pocket PC software like this! Read on for the entire press release.

"LowFat Software Ships LowFat Invoice 1.0

Santa Cruz, CA November 1, 2002 - Today, LowFat Software announced the immediate availability of LowFat Invoice, a comprehensive solution for creating invoices and estimates using Microsoft Windows PocketPC devices.

LowFat Invoice is the first complete, low-cost solution allowing users to create, print, and e-mail invoices and estimates directly from PocketPCs. Documents produced by LowFat Invoice are based on XML and HTML technologies, allowing them to be accessed across platforms.

LowFat Invoice includes a set of built-in PocketPC drivers for printing to a wide variety of portable and desktop printers using Infrared, Bluetooth, 802.11b, etc. The product contains a powerful, searchable, database for creating invoice item lists customized to individual businesses. The ability to apply multiple discounts, subtotals, special taxes, custom messages, payment terms, items groups, etc. compares with the feature sets found in many desktop accounting applications. Other advanced features include multi-level Undo/Redo, and integration with the existing PocketPC Contacts database.

"I am very excited about the release of LowFat Invoice", said Ted Nichols, president of LowFat Software. "We built LowFat Invoice using HTML and XML technologies and wrote directly to the Win32 API to keep the code tight and memory efficient. The goal was to create a very powerful and flexible invoicing solution for the small business, and provide a platform from which we can integrate with other applications in the future."

LowFat Invoice is the premier LowFat Software product. LowFat Software is currently developing other products to further enhance connectivity with popular desktop accounting systems. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.lowfatsoftware.com.

Availability, Pricing and Support

LowFat Invoice is available now. The list price for LowFat Invoice is $39.95. It can be purchased on-line through LowFat Software's web site at www.lowfatsoftware.com, or online retailers of PocketPC software including PocketGear and Handango. A free 10-day trial version of LowFat Software is also available for download. All registered users of LowFat Invoice will receive unlimited free technical support via e-mail.

About LowFat Software

Founded in October 2001, LowFat Software is dedicated to providing powerful, easy-to-use, compact software at affordable prices.

LowFat Software
P.O. Box 1254
Santa Cruz, CA. 95061
831-246-1786
[email protected]

* Product and company names herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners."

Old 11-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Paragon
Magi

I took a look at this app the other day when it poped up. It's not a bad invoicing app. It does however lack in the area of reports. With any kind of invoicing application it is always good to be able to see a running total of sales, or sales by item, etc. Since moving from Palm 2-3 years ago a solid invoicing application has been the only thing I have not been able to replace. They either print, and don't have any reporting functions, or the have them but don't use the Pocket Outlook contact list, and so on.

This one really only lacks the reports, and is priced very reasonable in comparision to the few other choices out there.

Dave

Old 11-04-2002, 04:50 PM
Marcel_Proust
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon
I took a look at this app the other day when it poped up. It's not a bad invoicing app. It does however lack in the area of reports. With any kind of invoicing application it is always good to be able to see a running total of sales, or sales by item, etc. Since moving from Palm 2-3 years ago a solid invoicing application has been the only thing I have not been able to replace. They either print, and don't have any reporting functions, or the have them but don't use the Pocket Outlook contact list, and so on.

This one really only lacks the reports, and is priced very reasonable in comparision to the few other choices out there.

Dave
could you give your opinions in more detail regarding other software solutions? i am trying to compare them now.

Old 11-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Paragon
Magi

10-4

If you don't mind waiting til this evening when I have a bit more time I will gladly post what I have learned about some of the other apps.

Dave

Old 11-05-2002, 03:49 AM
Paragon
Magi

Marcel

I will do my best here from memory. I have most of that software loaded on my Jornada which I passed on to my wife (I don't think I will ever see it back :-) ) She is at work tonight.

Velociter

I thought this would be a good app when it came out. They said that they would release updates to allow syncronization with Quickbooks. Since I use Quickbooks for my accounting and invoicing app on my desktop for my business I almost P'd myself with excitement. Those updates were due in March and have not shown up yet. :-( So you have to keep a completely seperate customer list. It's reporting feature were slim to none as I remember. One good thing about it was that you could see most of the info on single page on the PPC, so you didn't have to keep changing views to see everything.
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=2

Voyaware

This app was written originally for Mary Kay. It was then adapted for other sales order uses, but it still has a wierd interface to it. It has fairly good reporting features. It interfaces with Pocket Outlook which is very good. It is a bit cumbersome if you want to take orders quickly. It takes several taps per item to enter. It's fairly large app. 4mb if I remeber correctly, and it will not run off a storage card.
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=2

Far and Soft

have just released an update to their Sales 4 CE app. This app allows for some desktop synconization if you need it. It does not offer IrDA printing, or Pocket Outlook interface though.
http://www.farandsoft.com/

There were a couple of others I tried that seem to be discontinued.

After trying all these different apps I chose.........Excel. When Field Software released PrintPocketCE 3.X allowing you to print Excel forms I jumped on it. It is very easy to create your own form. You have to build your own reports, which isn't great but I'm living with it at this point. I just use a seperate form to track my total sales.

I have been told by Pocket Gear that they are going to have an app available in 2-3 months that will be compatible with Quickbooks.

I hope this all helps you.

Dave