Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-31-2002, 10:26 PM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default New WISbar 1.2 beta 4

http://www.pelmarinc.com/pocketpc.htm

Humphrey informed us that a new beta version of WISbar is released by Pelmar. If you're looking for a free task switcher/killer that enhances the functionality of your navigation bar, you should check out this software, that received a Pocket PC 2002 award.

The new features are:
� Added ability to display next appointment by tapping the time/date. Getting the menu is accomplished by tapping and holding on the menu (PPC2k2 only).
� Restructured settings dialog so that all icons are in a single tab.
� Added a connection icon (only displays whether or not there is a connection).
� Added a skinnable battery/memory meter. I've listed the colors that should be used when creating the graphics. Each color will be filled with either green or red, depending on the current battery/memory status.

Old 10-31-2002, 11:20 PM
JackTheTripper
Sage
Send a message via AIM to JackTheTripper

This is absolutely the best thing I've put on my PPC. It's what I've been looking for for weeks. Tried Gigabar... hated it. Love this.

thanx!

Old 11-01-2002, 12:21 AM
jim s
Ponderer

I just d/l it and installed on my e740. The icon for my wireless connection is missing/blank. There is a place for it, and tapping there brings up the on/off selections, but it just isn't visible.

Old 11-01-2002, 12:44 AM
ThomasC22
Sage
Send a message via MSN to ThomasC22

I was happy to reinstall it after a long absence. I used it on my PPC2000 device but after the original creator quit and it didn't support pop-up bubbles i found it to be more trouble than it was worth.

Glad to see it's back to being a world class solution.

Old 11-01-2002, 12:59 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

I have really enjoyed WisBar. In installed the beta and it gives me an Application Error.

Program: wisbar.exe
Exception: 0xc0000005
Address: 000148d0

This in on a Jornada 567.

Old 11-01-2002, 01:21 AM
macpel
Pupil

pmradio,

Some people have experienced this also, in the meanwhile you can simply use a registry editor and delete the wisbar registry settings and all will be ok. I think uninstalling wisbar before installing the new beta 4 might resolve this also. We will correct this in the next release. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Old 11-01-2002, 04:04 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpel
pmradio,

Some people have experienced this also, in the meanwhile you can simply use a registry editor and delete the wisbar registry settings and all will be ok. I think uninstalling wisbar before installing the new beta 4 might resolve this also. We will correct this in the next release. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Umm, you know, I could of read the note just below the screenshot. ops: I see it now and it plainly states what you just said. Sorry, and thanks for the reply!

Paul

Old 11-01-2002, 07:34 AM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB
Default notifications

Still no PPC 2002 notification support :cry:

Old 11-01-2002, 10:44 AM
Oliver T
Ponderer

Hi,

just to let you know: I tried uninstalling and then installing the new beta and this will not prevent the error-message. So, you will have to delete the WIS registry key manually ...

Cheers,

Oliver

Old 11-01-2002, 12:14 PM
chrisnian
Pupil

I uninstalled the original installation and then tried to install the new beta... I got the error message too! :cry: