Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-16-2002, 11:15 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Shoutcast Client for Pocket PC

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=e0218db0fa7ad9c21972aeab04667c5e&threadid=62601

Cruzer found this discussion on Brighthand that I think some of you will be quite interested in - there's a Shoutcast client for the Pocket PC! For those that aren't familiar with Shoutcast, it's a way to turn your PC into a radio station. You pump digital audio out on a certain URL, and people with Shoutcast clients can listen to your audio stream. That's what it was a couple of years ago at least - I'm not sure if it's evolved into more than that now. Check our the discussion thread if you're interested, or jump right to the application.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:31 PM
[Cruzer]
Ponderer

FYI

you need to go to the brighthand disucssion to get the english ported version.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I've corrected the link to point to the ZIP file.

Old 10-17-2002, 02:16 AM
CoreyJF
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to CoreyJF

This is one of my favorite PPC programs. Just tested it on my ipaq with wifi card and streams like a dream. If there weren't a Serial Sniper in my hometown this week, I would be sitting on my deck right now streaming Internet radio!

Old 10-17-2002, 02:26 AM
mayer
Neophyte
Default SSH

Well, ShoutCast is great, I've been waiting for it for a long time! Now, if we could just get a PPC SSH client that's free . . . With one of those new ipaq 5000s (or the e740, for that matter) I could be walking around school messing with my box at home via 802.11b! Cool beans.

Old 10-17-2002, 08:42 AM
PCPhreak
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to PCPhreak Send a message via MSN to PCPhreak

Okay, how am I supposed to install this thing? I got the .zip but I can't get it to install from my PC or my PPC. Help please!

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Old 10-17-2002, 11:01 AM
Rirath
Pontificator

Sounds really cool, man I can't wait to get a wireless network set up and a wireless pocket pc. I hope shortly. *drool*.

In other news, I can't stand the saying "cool beans". :? :wink:

Old 10-17-2002, 02:36 PM
CoreyJF
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to CoreyJF

I just expanded it and dropped the whole directory into windows/porgrams. then clicke associate playslist so I could browse shoutcasts site prom pocket IE and just click on radio station I want

Old 10-17-2002, 03:09 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

To bad if the RIAA has its way it will price gouge shoutcast into extinction. One of my favorite online radio stations is looking at a $15,000+ bill per year to stay online. The music they provide is "unique" in that its predominantly based on Japanese Anime soundtracks. (Yes I listen to "normal" music as well but there is such a thing as variety.)

Old 10-17-2002, 03:45 PM
fyiguy
Intellectual

Wow the tunes of Akira,Vampire D, and Robotech pumping across yer PocketPC cool... :wink: