Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-10-2002, 08:01 PM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Viewsonic V35

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/pocket_pc_pocketpcv35.htm

The first information on the Viewsonic V35 Pocket PC came from news sites, but now the V35 is listed on the Viewsonic website. You can find features, specs and a detailed spec sheet in .pdf format on the site. A 300 MHz X-Scale processor, 64 MB of RAM and a transflective screen all in a thin and light package for an entry level price. What more would you want? The foldable keyboard they're going to offer according to the spec list of course.

Old 10-10-2002, 08:32 PM
msprague
Thinker

What is Pocket PC 2002 Premium Edition?

Old 10-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Dave Conger
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Dave Conger

PPC 2002 "Premium Edition" - PPC2KPE
PPC 2002 Phone Edition - PPC2KPE

...couldn't they have just put Pocket PC 2002, cause that is what it is. I fear confusion with Phone Edition.

Old 10-10-2002, 08:39 PM
David McNamee
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprague
IIRC, it's the version that has MSN Messenger and Terminal Server Client in the ROM.

Old 10-10-2002, 08:53 PM
Sslixtis
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to Sslixtis

Another SD slot only PPC :cry: Oh well, I guess that means I'm getting a Dell :wink:

Anyone know anything about availability on the B-Square PPC with slide out Keyboard? The Dell might be a tide me over til... PDA :lol:

Old 10-10-2002, 08:55 PM
Birdman
Theorist

This could be the one, but until someone comes out with an SD modem, I will still need the ability to use a CF modem, either through integrated dual slotes, or through some sort of sleeve or add-on sled.

(If there is an integrated SD slot for memory, then I wouldn't mind a bulkier add on for CF because normal every day usage would allow for the slim form factor and needed memory, but the bulkier form factor, which I would need when using a CF modem would only be necessary when I am in a fixed location, like a hotel room meeting room with a landline.)

Old 10-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter

My biggest concern is with the audio quality. Josh Taylor's mini review at Anchordesk seemed to imply that MP3 audio quality is very poor. :cry:

Old 10-10-2002, 09:03 PM
msprague
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McNamee
Quote:
IIRC, it's the version that has MSN Messenger and Terminal Server Client in the ROM.
As far as I can tell from a Google on this, all of us with PPC2K devices that are not Phone Edition have Premium Edition. Maybe someone can prove me wrong on this? :roll:

Old 10-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Dave Conger
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Dave Conger

Quote:
As far as I can tell from a Google on this, all of us with PPC2K devices that are not Phone Edition have Premium Edition. Maybe someone can prove me wrong on this? :roll:
You are right. Sometimes it is also refered to as Professional Edition. The upgraded iPAQ's don't really run the "Premium Edition" though because they don't have all the extras in ROM. There is really only one version of Pocket PC 2002 (and then also Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition), Premium Edition was just added to make it sound new and improved.

Old 10-10-2002, 09:28 PM
heov
Thinker

No, they didn't change the name, it has always been called Premium Edition ever since iPaq ROM upgrades came out...

PPC 2k2 Professional Edition (same as iPaq upgrade) doesn't have Media player, Terminal Service, MS Reader, and something else I can't think of right now in rom.

PPC 2k2 Prememum Edition (normal devices) has all the software included in rom.

PPC 2k2 Phone Edition is PPC 2k2 premium plus the phone modification additions...