Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-23-2002, 06:24 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Free, fast and fantastic...

http://www.stardock.com/products/pocketblinds/

... cuz' it's got that Close-button! PocketBlinds is a free skinning extension with which you can graphically customize almost anything on your Pocket PC. At last, the wait is over. We saw the announcement a long time ago. Then the team got themselves into a couple of software issues that now have been addressed. Visit the PocketBlinds home page, download the software and SDK and start creating!

"PocketBlinds is the first free form skinning extension for Windows CE 3.x or later (PocketPC). PocketBlinds allows you to skin the title bar completely and add/position as many buttons as you can fit. Moreover, it is compatible with the WindowBlinds plug-in format allowing users to easily make their own title bar "gadgets" (MP3 players, stock tickers, memory meters, etc.). It's also free. ... PocketBlinds integrates directly into the OS by extending the Windows CE GWE(Graphics, Windowing, and Events) subsystem, so it is fast and small. ... PocketBlinds skins are truly free form. It also has an open plug-in architecture, which means that users can make their own plug-ins to extend the navigation bar.. It also means users have a great deal more control over where a button is placed."

Old 09-23-2002, 06:33 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Very cool - I'd love to see what Thoughts readers can come up with! Come on guys, I know you're creative...

Old 09-23-2002, 07:25 PM
heyday
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to heyday Send a message via MSN to heyday Send a message via Yahoo to heyday

Good luck un-installing it. I tried it out and decided I didn't want it anymore and it will not un-install. It keeps saying there are 3 .dlls in use even though I have everthing unloaded...

heyday

Old 09-23-2002, 07:26 PM
kalex
Pupil

heyday,

soft reset the device. browse to the windows directory and rename the dlls. soft reset again and delete them.

Old 09-23-2002, 07:27 PM
Furan
Pupil

Hi heydey,
PocketBlinds only includes 1 dll outside of the skins. Was PocketBlinds running when you tried to uninstall it? (If so, unload it, then try uninstalling again
Thanks,
Ian

Old 09-23-2002, 07:29 PM
van_mierlo
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyday
Good luck un-installing it. I tried it out and decided I didn't want it anymore and it will not un-install. It keeps saying there are 3 .dlls in use even though I have everthing unloaded...

heyday
rename those dll's and try again

after that just delete the folders...it works

Old 09-23-2002, 07:31 PM
van_mierlo
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furan
Hi heydey,
PocketBlinds only includes 1 dll outside of the skins. Was PocketBlinds running when you tried to uninstall it? (If so, unload it, then try uninstalling again
Thanks,
Ian
The 3 dll are in your logika folder...just rename those

make sure you install it in your main directory...storage card won't work

Old 09-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Furan
Pupil

What I meant was that there are usually 2 dlls in a skin(ok/close & clock plugins). If you try to uninstall while PocketBlinds is running, the uninstaller would show pbgwe.dll and those DLLs. The best thing to do if you want to uninstall it, is unload it via the tray icon before uninstalling.. I'll include a custom installer call in the next release that will unload PocketBlinds if you try to uninstall it while it is running(not that I want everyone to be uninstalling it...)
-Ian

Old 09-23-2002, 07:51 PM
ChrisW
Ponderer
Default Looks cool

how does this compare in functionality to GigaBar or Wisbar? Or are they completely different things?

(hoping not to start a religious war)...

Old 09-23-2002, 07:59 PM
Furan
Pupil

The major goal of PocketBlinds is to reach the level of customization that we have on the desktop with WindowBlinds. So that's buttons, toolbars, scrollbars, menubars, system colors, tabs, trackbars, etc...(Right now we've got the nav bar, buttons, toolbars, and menubars). WIS Bar, GigaBar, and the like are all aimed at enhancing navigational bar functionality. So while there is some feature overlap(in that one of the things PocketBlinds skins is the nav bar), you can disable the nav bar skinning in PocketBlinds to use both at the same time.