Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-05-2002, 08:50 AM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default New ring tones for your Pocket PC Phone Edition

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/downloads/installringtones.asp

I used to not care at all about ring tones. Who needed them? What was the difference between the default ring tone and the ones I could have paid for? They all sounded beep-beep-beep, anyway. Enter Pocket PC Phone Edition and the ability to use any Wave-file as a ring tone! Is this is the end for all those US$1 beep-beep-beep ring tones schemes?

I have sampled (recorded) a couple of favorite music tracks and use those as my ring tones. Now, Microsoft releases five Ring Tone Packs with sounds, music and songs tailored as ring tones. My favorite is the men's choir singing that I need to pick up the phone! Go check them out!

Old 08-05-2002, 09:18 AM
PlayAgain?
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to PlayAgain?

Does anyone know how I can extract the sound files from the setup.exe? I'd like to try these on my Nokia since they sound quite intriguing (being Welsh, I love the sound of a male-voice-choir)!

Old 08-05-2002, 01:01 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

How would you play them on your Nokia? Nokia don't even have poymorphic phone, let alone the means to get a .wav onto them do they?

Old 08-05-2002, 01:27 PM
EllenBeeman
Pupil

Does the PPC Phone Edition let you assign a different .wav ringtone to specific contacts? One of our Nokias lets us do that with ordinary ringtones, but it'd be great to be able to customize so the ringtone is a wave file like "Ben is calling, Ben is calling!", for example (Ben being one of my business partners who calls me frequently.)

---Ell

Old 08-05-2002, 02:54 PM
pt
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to pt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayAgain?
Does anyone know how I can extract the sound files from the setup.exe? I'd like to try these on my Nokia since they sound quite intriguing (being Welsh, I love the sound of a male-voice-choir)!
just say no to nokia.

cheers,
pt

Old 08-05-2002, 02:58 PM
PlayAgain?
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to PlayAgain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDA Gerbil
How would you play them on your Nokia? Nokia don't even have poymorphic phone, let alone the means to get a .wav onto them do they?
Sorry, I wasn't being very clear - I have a Nokia 9210 Communicator. I've had the same WAVs as ringtones for ages (I wander between Star Trek and Blues Brothers WAV profiles) and thought that these that Nady mentioned would be nice - shame I can't hear them :cry:

Old 08-05-2002, 03:06 PM
pt
Thinker

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't being very clear - I have a Nokia 9210 Communicator. I've had the same WAVs as ringtones for ages (I wander between Star Trek and Blues Brothers WAV profiles) and thought that these that Nady mentioned would be nice - shame I can't hear them :cry:
i think having cool and compelling content for pocket pc phones is supposed to cause you do reevaluate your current phone (nokia 9210) and get this one. microsoft is going to have oodles of wavs, and i'm sure there's going to be tons of people doing rings packs, just like the pocket pc theme sites have over 20,000+ themes now!

cheers,
pt

Old 08-05-2002, 03:44 PM
adamz
Thinker

Yeah, I wanted to hear these ringtones, too. But I guess they're not really WAV files? I guess they won't work on my GSM/GPRS Wireless Pack for the iPAQ, eh?
I'll just have to live with real WAV files like the one of Meg Ryan's fake orgasm from "When Harry Met Sally". :)

Old 08-05-2002, 03:53 PM
pt
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz
Yeah, I wanted to hear these ringtones, too. But I guess they're not really WAV files? I guess they won't work on my GSM/GPRS Wireless Pack for the iPAQ, eh?
I'll just have to live with real WAV files like the one of Meg Ryan's fake orgasm from "When Harry Met Sally".
they're really real wav files.

if the gsm/gprs pack supports wav files, then these will work, but they're intended for a pocket pc phone edition.

cheers.
pt

Old 08-05-2002, 05:00 PM
innersky
Ponderer

Quote:
You can install this setup on any Pocket PC. After installing the .wav files are in \Windows\Rings. Just copy them afterwards back to your computer.