Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 07-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default iPAQ spare parts anyone?

http://www.services.foxconn.com/?pModule=Home

Lloyd W. LiBengood found what has to be one of the more unique Pocket PC sites I've seen in a while. Need a screw for your iPAQ? Buy one here. Replacement LCD screen? This is the place. They sell every part imaginable from the touch screen layer ($27), to a massive 2000 mAh ($88). Too bad Pocket PCs weren't easier for Joe Consumer to crack open and work on - this would be upgrade heaven!

Old 07-19-2002, 04:36 PM
nwarren
Pupil

How tough would it be to replace the battery? Obviously the warranty's invalidated, but for a 2000mAh....

Old 07-19-2002, 07:31 PM
RickP in AZ
Intellectual
Send a message via Yahoo to RickP in AZ

Hmm, my 3630's battery is about to give up the ghost and I'm thinkin' that at $52 I'll get a new 950Mah, then I'll get the front and back pieces of the CF Plus Pack and see if I can create a Black SS5 out of my bedragled CF sleeve.... :lol:

RickP in AZ

Old 07-19-2002, 08:28 PM
dunneldeen
Intellectual

Anyone want a green or red stylus for your 3600? Of course the minimum order for the site is $75, so you would need to purchase it with something big.

Old 07-20-2002, 05:17 AM
Terry
Intellectual

I noticed they have MAC-color-like sleeves in addition to the stylii.

I expect they might have 39xx LCDs soon...which brings up an interesting upgrade idea for my 38xx...hummm....transreflective screen for $200 (a guess based on their 38xx LCD replacement)...

I hope Times2Tech is reading this...coupled with a RAM upgrade, this could be s-w-e-e-t!

(I'm still using my Jornada most of the time, but I have to admit the 3950 I saw a CompUSA made me drool. I didn't even need my reading glasses to see the screen.)

Old 07-21-2002, 06:20 PM
dcharles18
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to dcharles18 Send a message via MSN to dcharles18 Send a message via Yahoo to dcharles18

The screen is the only real reason I would upgrade to a 3900. If I could just upgrade my 3800 screen, I would be all set. (That 2000 mAh battery would be nice too )

Old 07-22-2002, 12:19 AM
Dave Conger
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Dave Conger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharles18
The screen is the only real reason I would upgrade...
...I agree, though I don't know how much I would really want to do it myself. I have had enough problems with a keyboard I opened the case of...I sure wouldn't want to blow up my iPAQ.

Old 07-24-2002, 05:47 AM
Terry
Intellectual

I'd feel very comfortable having the Times2Tech guys make the change...I've received great results with the memory upgrade and screen sealing on my Jornada...

...I don't use a 38xx IPAQ I have around 'cuz I like the Jornada more...but that 39xx screen...ummmm!

Old 07-24-2002, 04:16 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
I expect they might have 39xx LCDs soon...which brings up an interesting upgrade idea for my 38xx...hummm....transreflective screen for $200 (a guess based on their 38xx LCD replacement)...
I'd love this too, but I can't see how this would work, as the power requirements, BIOS programming, etc., are different for a backlit screen as opposed to a sidelit screen...

--bdj

Old 07-25-2002, 06:18 AM
Terry
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
I'd love this too, but I can't see how this would work, as the power requirements, BIOS programming, etc., are different for a backlit screen as opposed to a sidelit screen...

--bdj
You may be right...but it's fun to ponder...