Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 05-24-2002, 04:36 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Star Wars fans mocked

This is utterly off-topic, but I laughed so hard when I saw this that I simply HAD to pass it along. Someone took a video capture of a segment from a Conan O'Brian show, and it involves a sarcastic dog puppet paying a visit to the line of people waiting to see Star Wars on opening night in New York. I'm a big Star Wars fan myself, and I loved Episode II, but the people in this clip are so far over the edge, they fell of when they were twelve and didn't notice. <!>

The original download location is here, but seeing as it's part of a student account I think you'd all destroy his bandwidth and get him in trouble. I've uploaded it to my server, so you can download it here. It's a whopping 17 megs in size, so be patient - it's worth it.

There's another Star Wars spoof that you may find amusing: it was actually created and filmed in my home town of Calgary, and looks hilarious, but I can't view it because I refuse to install Quicktime. May the Force be with you, always.

Old 05-24-2002, 04:45 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Re: Star Wars fans mocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
but I can't view it because I refuse to install Quicktime. May the Force be with you, always.
LOL! You aren't the only one. QT and RealOne will never be on my PC.

Old 05-24-2002, 05:00 PM
/dev/niall
Ponderer
Default Thank you ;)

Thanks Jason, this made my day . I thought they were pretty good-natured about the whole thing, which is nice because I don't have to feel guilty about laughing along.

Old 05-24-2002, 05:26 PM
GregWard
Ponderer

We had a census in the UK last year and they left an "other religion" box. I can't remember exactly but some huge number of people said "Jedi". The rule was that anything over a certain percentage would be officially recognised as a legitimate religion. What do you know - the Jedi's made it - so the Jedi's now really exist (in the UK at least)!

Old 05-24-2002, 05:32 PM
st63z
Philosopher

I always install the big three/four (WMP + DivX Pro, RealOne [Gold], QT Pro) on every PC. Real is the only one that really takes manual effort to go through all the preferences and turn off the always-on background stuff. Is it just me or has Apple got an exlusive lock on Sorenson's excellent codec (I remember reading about a recent legal spat about that)?

I do the same with all the major IM (though I don't usually let any of them automatically start up at boot-up). Seriously, I don't see what's wrong with installing other media players, otherwise you can't play some stuff out there...?

Old 05-24-2002, 05:33 PM
mike6024
Ponderer

Triumph is one of the best sketches on Conan. I was watching that night and I knew that it was gonna be good. What's worse though is that those people are asking for it. And what the heck was the Lord of the Rings guy doing there? Did he get lost or what?

Old 05-24-2002, 05:47 PM
EyePAQ
Pupil
Default I am crying...

I might get fired for laughing so loud, but it was worth it.

Old 05-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I don't watch Conan very often, so I didn't realize this was a regular thing, but if you liked the SW clip, check this out:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/f...406824,00.html

He goes after Bon Jovi......hilarious!! :lol: :lol:

Old 05-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st63z
Seriously, I don't see what's wrong with installing other media players, otherwise you can't play some stuff out there...?
My beef is with Quicktime: they offer a free player, but nearly every time you load the damn thing it has a splash screen pimping the full version. Is Apple that strapped for cash, they need to hassle me? I refuse to click through that every friggin' time I watch a Quicktime version. Look Jobs, either offer a FREE version that really is FREE (no nags) or don't offer anything at all and try to get people to buy your commercial player. :twisted:

Old 05-24-2002, 06:43 PM
entropy1980
Oracle

This is soooooo freakin hilarious I havent laughed like this in months!!! Thanks!!! Best off-Topic Post in ages!!!!