Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 05-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Socket Communications Forums

http://www.socketforum.com/default.asp

Want to talk about Socket Products and ask questions with a Socket employee answering them? Then check out the Socket forum! Leon Schell also noticed something interesting on their opening page near the bottom under "Non-Socket Online Resources":

The truth is out I guess - Jason Dunn doesn't exist, there is only Ed Hansberry. Well, and EdBot. Long live EdH! ;-)

Old 05-14-2002, 09:14 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Re: Socket Communications Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn, AKA Ed Hansberry
The truth is out I guess - Jason Dunn doesn't exist, there is only Ed Hansberry. Well, and EdBot. Long live EdH! ;-)
And don't ever forget it. :lol: :wink:

Old 05-14-2002, 09:55 PM
Arne Hess
Thinker
Default Re: Socket Communications Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
And I wondered all the time why I never saw you together in the past but only one time Jason and one time Ed...
Congrats on your makeup Ed, I think it's not easy to make a complete change of a person, have you ever thought about working in Hollywood?
BTW: Below you find an image of the two faces of Ed... Can you spot any differences!? :lol:

Old 05-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator

Arne!
Very funny! I actually was writing exactly the same kind of post! :-)

It's remarkable how well Ed has played this. I just wonder how Ed could post so much while he was in Mexico on his honeymoon, though...

Old 05-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Kemas
Ponderer
Default Scandle Erupts at PocketPCThoughts.com

Everytown USA, (RPA) May 14, 2002: EDITORIAL: Today the Pocket PC world was stunned to discover that Jason Dunne, the reputed leader of the PocketPCThoughts movement, in fact didn't exist at all. It is currently unknown why this ruse was perpatrated on the world at large but the news undoubtely will take the Pocket PC world by storm.

The purpose of this foul attempt to fool the Pocket PC community may have been done to give the PocketPCThoughts.com site a more legitimant air about it, akin to the Remington Steele scandle that shocked the world back in the late 80's. It seems an attempt to create a figure so likable, so trustable, so knowledgable as to gain nearly instant credibility, fame and fortune; eventhough his past is as fake as Kevin Costner's accent in Robin Hood. The ruse was effective and lasted over a year, but the world can only be fooled for so long before the truth escapes like hot air from career US Senator.

The creation of a character renowed in the Pocket PC world, former guru at Microsoft, writer of a best selling photo editing manual for a top selling photo editor, beloved husband and adored son; can only be seen as what it sounds like.... too good to be true. It seems hard to believe that tens of thousands of readers actually believed Mr. Dunne truly existed instead of being exactly what he was... a figmant of Mr. Ed Hansbeery's fertal, but ultimately demented mind.

It seems that the man behind the invisible puppet is none other than Ed Hansberry, whom links to other "supposed" creations are most likely waiting in the wings to be discovered by some hapless passer by or daring reporter. Could it be that Mr. Hansberry is the man behind the "Smoking Man," the arch rival of FBI Agent Fox Moulder? Could he be the "real" DeepThroat that toppled the administration of President Richard Nixon? Or possibly, could he even be behind one of the greatest consiperacies of our time.... "Barney?"

Mr. Hansberry, come clean and tell the truth about this dasterdly plan to take advantage of the Pocket PC World. Tell the world of your napharious plot, and purge your soul of evil within.

Not matter what, RPA will continue the search to see how deep this ruse goes and where it leads, possibly all the way to the Kremlin; or even further...

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Editor In-Chief, J. Jonah Jameson
Reliable Press Agency (RPA)

Old 05-14-2002, 10:15 PM
Arne Hess
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sjostrom
It's remarkable how well Ed has played this. I just wonder how Ed could post so much while he was in Mexico on his honeymoon, though...
Yes, Ed works like hell, 48 hours a day! He also invented a time machine to double a day. Have you ever recognized that the first posts on Thoughts comes every time from Ed, the last post all the time from Jason.
The point which makes me wonder is if Ashley knows who she married!? 8O

Old 05-14-2002, 10:25 PM
DaleReeck
Sage

Your're going to have to change your graphic - Kenny is officially dead for good now. Tweek is in

Old 05-14-2002, 10:27 PM
Arne Hess
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleReeck
Your're going to have to change your graphic - Kenny is officially dead for good now. Tweek is in
Hey, I come from Germany. Here Kenny is still alive - should take another five years that I will understand what you are talking about... :P

Old 05-14-2002, 10:35 PM
jmulder
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to jmulder
Default Re: Scandle Erupts at PocketPCThoughts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemas
Everytown USA, (RPA) May 14, 2002: EDITORIAL: Today the Pocket PC world was stunned to discover that Jason Dunne, the reputed leader of the PocketPCThoughts movement, in fact didn't exist at all. It is currently unknown why this ruse was perpatrated on the world at large but the news undoubtely will take the Pocket PC world by storm.

With as often as Andy posts, we might have to say this news will take the world by Sjostrom.

(Sorry...)

-Jim (Mulder, not Moulder)

Old 05-14-2002, 10:59 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: Scandle Erupts at PocketPCThoughts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulder
With as often as Andy posts, we might have to say this news will take the world by Sjostrom.
That's so bad...I think my spleen just ruptured. :lol: