Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 05-03-2002, 11:22 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Back in the USSR...or what looks like it

The lyrics from that great Beatles song were buzzing around in my head as I returned home, arriving in the late hours on May 1st. It might not be the USSR, but coming from Cancun and returning home to this:

...was a little depressing. It was cool when we got home, then last night amidst power outages and severe winds, the heavens dumped an inch or two of snow upon us. The vacation was wonderful, and believe it or not, I hardly used my Pocket PC at all. I listened to music and read ebooks on the plane (very hard on the battery), and used the calculator a lot to convert from pesos to US dollars, but other than that, it was a vacation for my Pocket PC as well.

I've got a lot of email to get through yet, but I'm glad to see that I can leave and the site keeps ticking along. :-) I'll post a few pics from Cancun in a response. I'm glad to be home - seems like I missed a few exciting things while I was gone...

Old 05-03-2002, 11:29 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

The hotel we stayed at - very nice view!

Xcaret

Xcaret

Xcaret

Xcaret

Xcaret

Xcaret

Xcaret

Xcaret

Xcaret

Another shot from our hotel

Another shot from our hotel

Old 05-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Steven Cedrone

Cool!

What a great time to be alive, eh?

You can go from building sand castles to building snow men, and all in just a few short hours!!!!

Welcome back.....

Old 05-04-2002, 12:33 AM
klinux
Sage
Send a message via MSN to klinux

Shame on you Jason for needing a PPC to calculate peso to USD! Just divide by 10!

Oh, cedrones, not that one can (remotely) compare LA to Cancun but it is also one those few places where you can ski (Big Bear) and beach (santa Monica) in the city/day.

Old 05-04-2002, 12:41 AM
Randall L. Lewis
Pupil

Welcome back. I was going to ask how that new G-2 camera worked for you, but I can see from the posted pics that it did just fine. So, how do you like it after using it?

Old 05-04-2002, 12:57 AM
spg
Sage

Welcome Back! Glad to see ya'll had a good time. Nice pictures too 8).

Old 05-04-2002, 05:39 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinux
Shame on you Jason for needing a PPC to calculate peso to USD! Just divide by 10!
When's the last time you were in Cancun? :wink: The exchange rate varied from 8.5 to 10 depending on where we went, and then I had to convert it to Canadian...

Old 05-04-2002, 05:48 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall L. Lewis
Welcome back. I was going to ask how that new G-2 camera worked for you, but I can see from the posted pics that it did just fine. So, how do you like it after using it?
I love it! Very, very nice camera - I haven't printed any of the images yet, but on the screen they look excellent. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the lame "rotate" function - I thought the rotate command altered the EXIF information and rotated the JPEG, but after I rotated dozens of images, I transferred them over to my PC and they weren't rotated. Grr! I swear, I can't find the perfect image viewing app on my PC. ACDSEE really blew it with their newest version - it's too hard to rotate images.

If you're interested in a full-resolution shot from the G2, click here.

Old 05-04-2002, 09:06 AM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus

ACDSee blew it? What version do you use? I'm using 4.0.1.0598 and I can do multiple rotating pretty easily with the rotate function in the tools menu after a multiple select.

I like the manual control over rotation, as some shots that I shot in portrait I want to be saved and printed in landscape. Just select them all, press CTRL-J and view your images, select the rotation per image, and you're done. And I love the batch rename function after a multiple select as well!

Old 05-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlof Bregonje
ACDSee blew it? What version do you use? I'm using 4.0.1.0598 and I can do multiple rotating pretty easily with the rotate function in the tools menu after a multiple select.
Hmm.....perhaps I'll have to take another look. I bought 4.0, but when I couldn't find the right click > rotate function, I thought they had taken it away. Perhaps I spoke too soon - that screen shot you posted does look quite slick.