Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-24-2002, 09:51 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Any Russian speaking visitor out there?

http://s-k.al.ru/wincepdaru.html#crlo

We received an e-mail from Chris Clark containing this link to a Russian PDA software site. Chris writes: "...it appears that there are tools for cab installation with the option of choosing where files go along with a de-archiving tool for lzh, zip, rar, bzip2, arj and a bunch or other formats. There are some other tools that appear to be equally useful ... Maybe PPCthoughts has some Russian readers who could check it out an explain it to the rest of us."

Looks interesting. Would anyone care to help us out? Spassibo!

Old 04-24-2002, 10:50 PM
dbrom
Neophyte
Default I would translate it, but the site appears to be down

I would translate it, but the site appears to be down

I'll check back later and see if it goes back up again.

Dmitriy

Old 04-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Any Russian speaking visitor out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sjostrom
Maybe PPCthoughts has some Russian readers who could check it out an explain it to the rest of us."
Vasilli?

Old 04-24-2002, 11:51 PM
kalex
Pupil
Default that's what it says

readme file for the software basically says:

Installation from cab files

Instructions:

upon launch of the program without parameters, the program asks you to select the .cab file to open and a directory where to install the software (if the directory doesn't exist, you can create it or enter a path to it and it will be created automatically). after that the installion of the software starts with a standard method (wceload.exe). if you run the program with specifiying the path and cab file it will ask you for a directory where to install. you can also assciate it with cab files instead of wceload.exe

This program is being provided as freeware and the person is not responsible for damages.

Basically this looks like something i need to use.

Old 04-25-2002, 05:53 AM
Gerard
Pontificator

Hot DAMN, yer not kiddin'!!! I've been wanting something like this for ages! I even wrote a very long and flattering letter to a Russion a couple of months back asking if he'd kindly consider porting his WinRAR to the PPC. Well, seems someone was thinking. Now, if only I could get past the 'page cannot be found' I've been getting all day, first from PPCSG.org links, now this one. Frustration is afoot!

Old 04-25-2002, 06:03 AM
S-K
Neophyte

iDiffCE - the utility for comparison of text and binary files.
ssnap - the utility for creation of an instant picture of condition PPC (registry, file system, database). It is useful to the control of changes.
Cabinstl - the utility for installation of programs in chosen folder.
XacretCE -tool for unpack archives .
ScreenOff - the utility for switching-off of the screen.

Old 04-25-2002, 06:10 AM
Gerard
Pontificator

Hi S-K; Is there any chance you might tell us when your page might be online again? It has not worked these past 12 hours or so. And thank you very much for this, and these explanations. This software is a very welcome addition to the tools we have.

Old 04-25-2002, 07:04 AM
S-K
Neophyte

Thank for interest to my site. I regret, but probably there is a certain restriction on the traffic at the provider free-of-charge hosting. In Russia the page is accessible without restrictions.

Old 04-25-2002, 09:52 AM
Olav Lucas
Neophyte
Default Translation

http://www.translate.ru/rus/url/tran...incepdaru.html

Gives a rough translation of the whole page.

Old 04-25-2002, 11:22 AM
jpzr
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-K
Thank for interest to my site. I regret, but probably there is a certain restriction on the traffic at the provider free-of-charge hosting. In Russia the page is accessible without restrictions.
Please send me to [email protected] the HTML and program files: I will put it then on my site at http://WirelessSoftware.info , which has very very big traffic capacity. You can make it also in English so that folks in USA and others will understand it...

(I am Polish and Russian is one of 5 languages I speak, but I don't know how to write it in Roman alphabet...)