Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-24-2002, 12:10 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default New game from 4POCKETS

http://www.4pockets.com/games.php

I heard from 4POCKETS today as they have released their new game Marble Worlds. It looks quite nice, and to all you "wanna-try-first" guys/gals: yes, there's a trial version available!

"Guide your Marble through the isometric 3D scenery of Marble Worlds collecting gems as you go. Using features such as bounce pads, air blowers and jet holes to acheive your goal, Marble Worlds is a highly addictive and playable challenge."

Old 04-24-2002, 03:19 PM
welmoed
Intellectual

:( Too bad it's for Ipaq only... which I noticed only after I had DL'd and installed it. Hope it comes out for MIPS so I can play it on my E125.

Old 04-24-2002, 04:05 PM
mclaugh
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by welmoed
Too bad it's for Ipaq only... which I noticed only after I had DL'd and installed it. Hope it comes out for MIPS so I can play it on my E125.
You can play it on your Casio- just d/l your favorite Nintendo (NES) emulator and the game marble madness- from the pictures, it looks to be exactly the same thing!

Old 04-24-2002, 06:33 PM
bblock
Ponderer

Where would I find Marble Madness? Is it like (or identical to) the old arcade game?

I've been looking for this for a long time.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:42 PM
brianchris
Philosopher

Be careful.....I just tried to purchase MarbleWorlds (as I was a huge fan of Marble Madness, and 4Pockets seem to have released a great version). But there is something severly wrong with their checkout process: After entering my credit card #, the two download links (one after the checkout process and one in a receipt email) don't work...and it claims I only have 24 hours to complete the download!!!

Although it most likely is a mix-up which will be fixed soon, right now, it *appears* as though they've "taken my money and ran." :?

-Brian

Old 04-25-2002, 06:26 PM
brianchris
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianchris
Be careful.....I just tried to purchase MarbleWorlds (as I was a huge fan of Marble Madness, and 4Pockets seem to have released a great version). But there is something severly wrong with their checkout process: After entering my credit card #, the two download links (one after the checkout process and one in a receipt email) don't work...and it claims I only have 24 hours to complete the download!!!

Although it most likely is a mix-up which will be fixed soon, right now, it *appears* as though they've "taken my money and ran." :?

-Brian
Just to set things straight, 4Pockets did reply via email indicating there was a problem, and then again to let me know the problem was resolved. I was finally able to download MarbleWorlds.

I have subsequently installed it, and can offer this review:

Although I am not a huge PPC gamer (casual at best), and therefore don't have a large number of games installed on my iPaq, Marble Worlds is by far the best PPC game I have. Incredibly detailed graphics, sounds, and gameplay. Of course, the fact that I loved the original arcade game Marble Madness probably makes me a little biased, but regardless, download a trial of MarbleWorlds....you'll see what I mean.

-Brian

Old 05-11-2002, 01:36 AM
graffic
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to graffic

I have tested it (ipaq 3870). The gam runs well, but there is a line of one pixel of width at the left that isn't filled by the game an the last screen remains there.

Good game. Too adictive