Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 04-09-2002, 03:59 PM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default The return of the Lada

http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=1642

On Infosync, they have a review on the latest incarnation of the Siemens SX45i PDA/Phone combo. It is still a MIPS device, it still runs Pocket PC 2000, you can still only use it as a phone when you attach a headset, and it is still big. My favorite quote: "From the side, it's easy to see that the Siemens SX45i is thicker than any other comparable handheld on the market". The news? It supports GPRS connections now.

The conclusion by J�rgen Sundgot: "All in all, the Siemens SX45i appears to be made from a "workhorse" point of view. Granted, it isn't the most impressive PDA on the block, but will function as a good business tool for any corporate user as long as they don't require heavy multi-tasking and have the need to use a number of 3rd party applications. Although some usability flaws exist, so do the occasional points of brilliance - and the conclusion would be that if you can live with its limitations, the SX45i will be as good a combined package as a mobile phone and a PDA separately."

Old 04-09-2002, 05:56 PM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus

In answer to a question I got from one of our American/Hungarian readers: the Lada in the title refers to the car Lada. It was the Russian version of the Fiat 124 that was on the market way after Fiat had progressed to newer technologies. It was built like a tank, and did what it had to, but was yesterdays technology.

Old 04-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Didn't people in Russia use the Lada to plow faming fields? It sounds like urban myth, I know, but it makes a certain amount of sense. :-)

Old 04-09-2002, 06:03 PM
Master O'Mayhem
Theorist

Lada? For you North Americans here is a link for the Sporty Russian auto. http://kjellin.homestead.com/models.html Total babe magnet.