Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 02-05-2002, 06:18 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Your email addresses are safe

I'll put together an official privacy policy later this week, but rest assured that your email addresses will not be sold, rented, or used by any 3rd party. I loathe spam as much as you, and would never help the idiots who spam us all every day. My email address is pushing five years old, so I get a ridiculous amount of spam every day.

The ONLY communication you may receive because of registering would be if I used the phpBB function of emailing all registered users. I can't think of a reason to use it, because I'll likely use the board to communicate with all readers, but we might hold contests, etc. for registered users. Rest assured I'll use this feature sparingly, and if and when we launch a daily newsletter, there will be a separate sign-up process. Registering to use this site in no way puts you on an opt-in list for anything.

Old 02-05-2002, 07:24 PM
Julio
Pupil
Default Thanks - that is reassuring

Thanks for the reassurance. I had already registered as a user - but it is always nice to know that my profile information will be handled with discretion.

Also, I'm glad that the site is back up and I like the new look - much easier to navigate - and I'm glad that you now have the elbo-room for topic-specific discussions. For a while there, I was suffering withdrawal as I continually pinged your web page to see if it had been resurrected.

Welcome back!

Old 02-05-2002, 07:40 PM
JohnnyFlash
Philosopher

my worst day was >7000 messages from [email protected] this weekend that locked up my hotmail account twice.

I am glad the site is back online. I like the new forums. My sole reservation is what they would look like on a PPC screen, but I have not tried.

Good luck with the site........

Old 02-05-2002, 09:06 PM
questionlp
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chima
I am glad the site is back online. I like the new forums. My sole reservation is what they would look like on a PPC screen, but I have not tried.
It doesn't look too bad when viewing it on my HP J/568, it just expands to about 2.5x times wider than the screen's width and some of the CSS formatting is lost. The fonts render fine and don't get shrunken down to 2pt in size.

Old 02-05-2002, 11:20 PM
JohnnyFlash
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chima
my worst day was >7000 messages from [email protected] this weekend that locked up my hotmail account twice.

Certainly not the prettiest thing to read on Pocket PC but still workable. :lol:

Old 02-06-2002, 12:45 AM
Daniel
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Daniel Send a message via MSN to Daniel

A privacy policy is a great idea, I work for an Australian law firm (not a lawyer!) let me know if you need any help, I might be able to give you a hand.

Daniel

Old 02-06-2002, 01:25 AM
JJ
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ

Certainly not the prettiest thing to read on Pocket PC but still workable. :lol:

Old 02-06-2002, 07:07 AM
Ketsugi
Ponderer
Send a message via ICQ to Ketsugi

It's always nice to know that our contact information will not be abused, but then we (or I, at the very least) never doubted you from the start, Jason. :roll: