¹ Creative Prepping 32 GB Zen Vision - Thoughts Media Forums Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Creative Prepping 32 GB Zen Vision

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/03/creative-finally-confirms-32gb-zen/

"Like we needed any more confirmation, but Creative has finally put an end to any remaining incredulity on our part by posting a press release with all the sordid details of its new 32GB Zen. We're not really used to "world firsts" from Creative in the DAP space, but the doubling in capacity over competing flash-based players certainly qualifies as one -- though Sansa seems to be hot on Creative's heels. The Zen is otherwise the same as its 4GB, 8GB and 16GB siblings, including that SD card slot for expansion should 32GB prove limiting for you. The new player will be available mid-December in Singapore for S$549.00 (about $380 US), and there's no word on release dates for Europe or the States."

I'm still getting caught up on some of the news I missed out on while I was in Amsterdam, so this news is a bit over a week old but still interesting to me: 32 GB worth of flash storage? That's just...awesome. I was impressed when Creative busted out the 16 GB, but 32 GB of storage in (presumably) the same size form factor? That's amazing. It makes the Zune and iPod 8 GB units look rather weak in comparison...