Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Damion Chaplin
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Designtechnica Reviews Sling Media's Slingbox

http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review3394.html

"Sling Media has been gaining a lot of attention over the past year with their new device, the Slingbox. Slingbox is a set-top device you hook up to your television and broadband Internet connection to watch your TV on the go. So what makes this different from a TV tuner card? Mainly, it�s the ability to watch your TV anywhere your laptop has an Internet connection. Slingbox will make you get back into watching TV again if you�ve stopped for a while�especially with a great price of $249.99. Find out why Slingbox is a winner in home entertainment, as we cover every inch of it."

I guess I'm still a little confused about this product. It's meant for streaming your current TV signal to your computer via the internet, but it's also got a built-in tuner? Their website doesn't say it's a standalone product (and they probably would if it was), but it also doesn't say that a TV is required for it to function...other than that, this looks like an excellent product. If it supported streaming signals in high-def, I might seriously consider buying one. Anyone out there own one of these that can clear up my questions? If not, is this something that's tempting to you?