¹ Creative to Launch Music Video Store - Thoughts Media Forums Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home News

Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Suhit Gupta
Editor Emeritus
Default Creative to Launch Music Video Store

http://www.betanews.com/article/Creative_to_Launch_Music_Video_Store/1126282240

"Singapore based Creative on Thursday announced it had joined forces with Soundbuzz to launch the Soundbuzz Music Video Store. Creative hopes that the creation of the store will help drive sales of its new Zen Vision player as well as future video-enabled portable players. Although Apple was thought to be moving towards the medium, Creative says that it's always had its eyes on music videos. The music store has been set for an October release in Singapore, with a Asian release shortly after. No announcement was made as to availability in other markets. Sony, BMG and EMI have already allowed their artists to appear in the store, which will initially feature 1,000 videos from the likes of Beyonce, Coldplay, Gorillaz, and Craig David. The companies anticipate the remaining labels to sign on by early 2006."

Interesting to see that Creative is beating Apple to the punch, although I wonder how popular and proprietary the service and videos are going to be given that the Zen is certainly not the most popular PMP or PVP. Moreover, while I can that music stores are very popular, I wonder if that will be the same case with videos. I think of listening to music as a passive activity and a lot of folks want to have some going in the background, however videos actually require complete focus. I feel that fewer people would watch videos on this medium for just this reason.