Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2004, 01:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Welcome to Digital Media Thoughts

My fellow geeks, welcome to Digital Media Thoughts! It brings me great pleasure to launch this new site dedicated to all things digital media. I'm tremendously excited about digital media, and have been for a long time. I remember the first time I digitized a clip off a VHS tape - it was thrilling to take vulnerable atom-based, analogue data, and transform it into immortal bit-based digital form. I have a strong archival streak in me - I enjoy capturing memories, archiving them, and getting creative with presenting the memories. I'm the kind of person who snaps a lot of photos at family events, then the same day I'll transfer them over to my computer, re-name them all, rotate the images, and probably get rid of the red-eye and crop them all to boot. :lol: I'm serious about preserving memories!

Our focus here at Digital Media Thoughts is to make this site the most useful site possible for you as a digital media enthusiast. We'll post daily bits of news gathered from around the Web, link to the best articles and reviews we find on other sites, and write our own reviews, columns, and step by step tutorials. We've put together a team of opinionated editors, so expect to see a few rants and raves popping up - we're not afraid to share our opinions here at Digital Media Thoughts, and while we have sponsors and bills like most sites, they don't influence our editorial freedom. We'll tell you exactly what we think, every time.

If you've visited Pocket PC Thoughts or Smartphone Thoughts before, you'll be familiar with how things work here. Digital Media Thoughts (sometimes referred to as DMT) is part of the Thoughts Media Network, and a sister site to Pocket PC Thoughts and Smartphone Thoughts. Both run atop the Thoughts Media Engine (designed by Fabrizio Fiandanese), and will have identical functionality. Over time, we'll be launching more Thoughts Media sites, and a powerful synergy will develop between them.

We're just getting started, so stick around - if you're a digital media enthusiast, this is the place to be!

Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Digital Media Thoughts

PS - We're still working out a few kinks in our new system, so be patient. If you're reading this on January 31st, you've caught our "soft launch". We wanted to go live to see how things work, but we don't kick it into high gear for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, feel free to post in the forums and explore the site. Over the next week or two, I'll be working on getting prizes from some of the top digital media vendors in the world, and tuning the site for our grand opening. When is the grand opening you might ask? You'll know when, because there will be a lot of noise about it all across the Web.