¹ Mobile Phones And Computers Making People Think Less - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Mobile Phones And Computers Making People Think Less

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007940574

"London, England (AHN) - A Japanese study has found that people are now becoming dependent on computers and mobile phones, resulting in our brains being understimulated, which can cause severe memory problems. The study, carried out by a team of researchers at a Japanese university, says that in today's world, people's reliance on electronic devices for even the simplest tasks is dulling our minds. A recently released report says that in the United Kingdom, one fourth of the population doesn't know their phone numbers at home and about one third only knows and memorizes important anniversaries and birthdates. According to the study, thanks to the increasing use of computers to store information, adults in their 50s and 60s have better memory capacity rather than people in their 30s and below, who have grown up with computers and other devices."

I'd love your opinion on this one. I'm on the computer often and I don't feel I've had a loss of um, what's it called again? Oh yea, memory. What do you all think? Are computers, cell phones and other electronics dulling our memory and other senses? Is it true that 50 and 60 year olds have a better memory than people in their 30's? Do we rely on technology more than we should? I guess I'm a little on the fence on this one. I can see where our reliance on computers has given us less reason to use our memory. Rather than memorizing phone numbers, appointments, movie show times, and tasks, I rely on my phone to give me the information or remind me. Is that such a bad thing? Is my um, what's it called again? Oh yea, memory less effective because I don't use it more often? Let me hear from you. Ooops, gotta go, my Dash just reminded me it's garbage night! :lol: