Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Samsung Windows Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 11:17 PM
acharmer
Neophyte
Default SAMSUNG i600 Device Lock

I use both the US Samsung BJ & the Samsung i600. Love them !

Both the phones are great to throw into the back pocket of your jeans / pants & sit on them for hours without any problems (games, long drives etc). They're small, sleek, unbreakable (by sitting on them, I mean) & when I take them out of my back pocket, I get a lot of ooohs & aaahs from folks around, who're pleasantly surprised that it can fit there so discreetly. I use my bluetooth headset for taking calls.

The key difference I'm noticing is that the US BJ has a device lock which when activated, completely disables ALL the QWERTY keyboard AND the side keys, until you tap the power button again (kinda like a notebook's sleep mode). Very Very useful especially when ... you are sitting on your phone during the game or on long drives :lol:

On the i600, I can't seem to find that option, both key lock & device lock the phone, but don't switch off the keyboard or the side keys & though it does not unlock the phone / device, the display comes on & possibly drains the battery. I'm also conscious that it could accidentally unlock & dial someone on my contacts, while I'm just sitting on it ops:

Therefore, on the i600 :-

Key lock, forces me to press the 'unlock' softkey & then press '*' to unlock.

Device lock, forces me to press the 'unlock' softkey & then type my password to unlock.

Any workarounds or suggestions on how to get TOTAL device lock on the i600, just like the BJ ?