Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus
Default Why Do We Wait for Days for a Registration Code?

This is really starting to make me mad. In 2007 I am waiting around for 2 or 3 days for a stupid registration code. This is happening more and more often. It doesn't seem to matter what application or where it is purchased. Most recently for me the last two applications I purchased and I emphasize PURCHASED, have yet to send me working registration codes. In one case I got an email confirming my purchase and that the code would be forthcoming. A day later I get another email asking for the device owners name so they can send me the code! I still don't have it 2 days later! This is not isolated; it happens more and more often. Why don't I get the code at the time of purchase? They got their money right away didn't they? In the next case, the registration code arrived a day later and it did not work! Another day later, after letting them know it didn't work, no reply. This is unacceptable. I think the code should be given at the time of purchase, period. I may make this my criteria for purchasing any application from now on. Enough of this nonsense. I have ranted about registration issues here in the past. I will be doing my best from now on to find out the registration process on any application I post on here. To me it has become a problem, like any other application flaw, that a buyer will have to deal with.