Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft Released Public Beta 2 of ActiveSync 4.5

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3358

"It's neither final nor fully tested yet but Microsoft recently released another ActiveSync Beta - this time for ActiveSync 4.5. With the introduction of Windows Mobile 5.0, ActiveSync 4 is the only way to get the latest Windows Mobile devices synced with Windows-powered PCs and Microsoft Outlook - right out of the box. ActiveSync acts as the gateway between your Windows-powered PC and Windows Mobile-powered device, enabling the transfer of Outlook information, Office documents, pictures, music, videos and applications to and from your device. In addition to synchronizing with a desktop PC, ActiveSync can synchronize directly with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 so that you can keep your E-Mail, calendar data, tasks and contact information updated wirelessly when you're away from your PC."

User submitted image

I've just installed this new version and it seems to be working fine. It is supposed to have a new troubleshooter but I have not had any problems or seen any benefit yet. I have synced my Q, 2125 and 3125. The only caveat is you almost have to set up the partnerships from scratch. I say almost because it retained my Exchange Server settings but I had to re-set up my PC sync settings. If you want to give it a try you can get it here from MS.