Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus
Default Flying Phones - No, Really!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/08/28/finn-throws-to-win-at-world-cellphone-throwing-championship/

"This year's Mobile Phone Throwing World Championships have come and gone, friends, and we're pleased to report to you the winningest of the cellphone throwers that came from the world over to test their metal tossing mettle. Second place in the freestyle event went to Dutchman Elie Rusthoven, who was almost disqualified for throwing his phone out of bounds, but mustered a silver by performing a phone juggling act that won over the judges (seriously, we can't make this stuff up). But it was a gentleman by the name of Lassi Etelatalo, a Finnish javelin thrower, that lobbed his Nokia to victory..."

User submitted image

I can not tell you how many times I have wanted to just throw my phone as far as I possibly could. I�m sure everyone reading this has felt that way one time or another. Who knew someone would actually get a metal for doing so? Lassi Etelatalo hurled his Nokia handset 89 metres, breaking the previous phone throwing record of 82.55 metres set by Ville Piippo. Seriously folks, you just can't make this stuff up! 8O