Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default The CMJ '06 Music Tour

http://www.mp3.com/features/cmj/

"Since its inception 25 years ago, the annual CMJ Music Marathon has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful festivals, bringing in more than 100,000 music fans and industry folks. Every fall, thousands of both emerging and established artists grace stages all over New York City, and this year MP3.com is there to capture the excitement. Check back shortly for exclusive interviews and live in-studio performances from the Archie Bronson Outfit, the OhSees, Mew, 120 Days, Women and Children, and more. For now, check out this selection of features and videos showcasing other exciting events we've attended, as well as some of our favorite CMJ artists."

This is the tour that the Zune team has sponsored: I have to confess that I don't know a lot about indy music, I tend to buy mostly Top 40 stuff and Christian artists (which I guess are sort of indy, since they're not pop-mainstream). I'm always open to discovering new music though, so I'm hoping that the Zune Marketplace will help me do exactly that (assuming this Canuck can beg/borrow/steal an account). And maybe a year from now if the Zune is really successful the odds of me running into another Zune user and swapping songs will be a reality.