Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft is Working on a Windows Live Mobile Client for Windows Mobile

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3069

"Looks like - in addition to Microsoft's Live Messenger client - the company is also working on a Live Messenger client for Windows Mobile devices which goes far beyond the MSN Messenger client of today's Windows Mobile devices. At least that's what Zack Whittaker has posted on his site. With the "Live Messenger Mobile" client, you'll be able to talk to other Messenger buddies whether they're using a mobile device or a PC. To make the Live Messenger service working as seamless as possible, you'll be able to send and receive nudges, instant messages as well as emoticons (emoticons...? ). The speeds between the PC and the Live Mobile Client are pretty fast - with about a second or two waiting times only which seems to be even faster than today's MSN Messenger. And - keep your seatbelts fasten, you'll be able to transfer files from and to your mobile device, including recording a voice clip using your device microphone and send pictures with your device camera!"

User submitted image

I am very excited about this and I am glad MS hasn't abandoned Mobile Messenger. With the talk of Messenger not being included in mobile devices because of greedy carriers this is good to see. The picture here is a bit weak but you can get the idea. I have been using the desktop version of Live Messenger and am quite pleased with it. This update is long overdue. Better late than never.