Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default NewsGator Acquires Windows Mobile RSS Reader SmartFeed

http://www.newsgator.com/news/archive.aspx?post=85

"NewsGator Technologies, Inc., the leading RSS platform company, today announced that it has expanded its mobile portfolio with new RSS aggregators for Windows Mobile and J2ME-enabled devices. The new products accompany the NewsGator Mobile reader for HTML-enabled devices as part of the industry�s most complete mobile RSS catalog. All three mobile products synchronize with the NewsGator family of products, anchored by NewsGator Online, the company�s Web-based aggregator, allowing customers to read content and manage their subscriptions seamlessly from any device. NewsGator recently acquired the Windows Mobile reader (formerly called SmartRead) and SmartFeed, a mobile podcatching application. Kevin Cawley, creator of the products, has joined the NewsGator team to oversee the company�s mobile product development."

This is great news. I have been waiting for a solid mobile/desktop RSS synchronizing solution. The biggest problem with a most mobile readers is that they don't sync with my desktop reader - FeedDemon. FeedDemon is a great reader and I have hundreds of feeds in it. Even if I took just a subset of my feeds and loaded them into a mobile reader I would end up reading the same posts again and again as I switch between my Smartphone and my Laptop. So I, for one, am trilled to hear this news. :mrgreen: